Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’m looking to somehow (if possible) incorporate a little bit of the Italian flag colors somewhere on the Giulia without it looking tacky!
I bought a $2 decal on amazon. Not to keep on the car but just to play around with to see what areas of the car the flag colors would look good on.
I’m thinking of buying the cf covers from madness that have the Italy flag colors but I hate that it doesn’t come with the tabs.
What and where do you guys think it would look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Glovebox. Just kidding. Less is more. Don't turn it into a running Chinese E-Bay parts car. Spend your cash on performance mods first.

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a cf license plate frame with a small stripe of Italian flag colors but couldn’t figure out where to buy one. I got plain one on amazon for $30 and it actually matches the CF on the QV fairly closely...
I like that one! Did you buy that one?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like that one! Did you buy that one?
I found it in this forum thread via google-fu;

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/carid-com/53642-carbon-fiber-license-plate.html#/topics/53642

I couldn’t actually find out where to order one. I found basically the identical unadorned cf frame on Amazon for $30. It’s actually not a bad piece with nice gloss to the epoxy that matches the QV’s cf fairly closely in pattern. Here’s how it compares to he QV’s front splitter...

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think this is the most tasteful one Ive seen yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s too much for me though lol I’d like to keep it as tiny as possible!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I think a small emblem could be placed on the front quarter panel behind the front wheel, at just a bit above hub center height. Something tied into the colorway of the car though, so it’s discreet.

A simple tricolore badge would go nicely on the rocker panel in front of the rear wheel, too.

Back in the day, coachbuilder emblems could be found in both those locations, which is part of why I think they work.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think a small emblem could be placed on the front quarter panel behind the front wheel, at just a bit above hub center height. Something tied into the colorway of the car though, so it’s discreet.

A simple tricolore badge would go nicely on the rocker panel in front of the rear wheel, too.

Back in the day, coachbuilder emblems could be found in both those locations, which is part of why I think they work.
Forum member ibehardknock had a tricolore badge on his front fenders on his Black Giulia and it looked great, like stock. I think Madness sells them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Forum member ibehardknock had a tricolore badge on his front fenders on his Black Giulia and it looked great, like stock. I think Madness sells them.
Yea he had the little carbon fiber rectangular piece with the Italian colors but it looked good on black because you couldn’t tell it was a small rectangle but on white I don’t think that one looks good :/

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"have some fun"
"vinyl so reversible"
I'm with ferraripete on this - I've never used the stuff, but it sure seems less critical in all respects than painting.
and when the wife objects, not a big deal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"have some fun"
"vinyl so reversible"
I'm with ferraripete on this - I've never used the stuff, but it sure seems less critical in all respects than painting.
and when the wife objects, not a big deal.
Exactly! I like playing around with the flag decals! Best case scenario I like how it looks and I order more! Worse case scenario I throw it out and only lose $3

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think doing something similar to what some BMW guys have done will be a great strategy to get a mix of being subtle while getting the right bit of the whole "motorsports look"

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think doing something similar to what some BMW guys have done will be a great strategy to get a mix of being subtle while getting the right bit of the whole "motorsports look"

That’s actually what made me start looking into options and ways to incorporate the tri-color on the car lol I don’t want anything huge because I know some of those bmw guys way over do it

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I have been debating about this as well, but just can't make the step to where I like these decals on the car, exception for what is original. If I decide to do something, I probably do this in from of the rear wheels on the side skirt, but that about it. Personal preference....

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,014 Posts

that's subtle:surprise:
too each his own, personal preference for certain. at least vinyl is easily removable if you get tired of it and it costs peanuts to do...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts