Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ... I am not exactly new here. However, I am proud to finally say that my Giulia is sitting in my garage, where my old Range Rover used to be. The car is Rosso Alfa on tan/black interior, and has the exterior sport package, as well as a few other options. I have driven it about 10 miles so far, and none of which really above 35 mph...so I am very excited to drive it tomorrow morning and take it on the highway. It is a beautiful car, and I am just so happy that the time finally came. :smile2:

I will take more pictures later, in a more scenic place! If anyone has any questions about the buying process or whatever, let me know.

Max

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats! Many miles of happy motoring.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy her in good health.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, I have owned the car for 7 hours and the trunk now makes a funny noise whenever I open it -- now I know it's a real Alfa

·
Registered
332 Posts
Update, I have owned the car for 7 hours and the trunk now makes a funny noise whenever I open it -- now I know it's a real Alfa
is it a creaking sound when the trunk opens all the way after having released it? Mine does this...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Congrats :grin2:

Looks good in red. We almost got our Ti in red, but we already have two red Italian cars. Thought Montecarlo Blue would add some color to our boring lives. :wink2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy - won't be difficult!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Congratulations!
What options did you order?
What tires did it come through with?

·
Registered
52 Posts
An excellent choice sir. I also own a Rosso Red w/ Black Tan interior. It makes her a looker inside as well as out. Just a little over 300 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Red with tan was my original first choice. I "settled" for white with red and am happy with it.

I lived in New England (Connecticut and New Hampshire) for about eight years and spent a lot of time in Maine when my children went to summer camp there. Lots of great roads on which to enjoy fun cars.

Reactions: Max and FNM

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations!
What options did you order?
What tires did it come through with?
I didn't order, after a troubling experience at another dealer I decided I'll just go to this dealer, what the heck. Didn't look online at inventory. But, when I arrived, I saw it and knew it was for me. Here are all the options

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAEDN7H7549374

I hope all the updates were done, and made a note of asking them to make sure it happens, but I doubt it at this point. The tires were all 60 psi when the car arrived, so it seems they missed a few things :| Oh well, first oil change is probably soon, I'll have to check

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is it a creaking sound when the trunk opens all the way after having released it? Mine does this...
Mine is the sound of a spring wanted to move freely but it seems to catch on something. About 12 hours after I posted this, the noise went away, :laugh:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know for months, I have been saying that the one notch above middle for oil temp was normal for these cars. But I recently read that there is an update which puts it in the middle now. Can anybody speak upon this? My car still shows the oil temp one notch above the middle.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I know for months, I have been saying that the one notch above middle for oil temp was normal for these cars. But I recently read that there is an update which puts it in the middle now. Can anybody speak upon this? My car still shows the oil temp one notch above the middle.
Max, my Giulia was delivered to dealer on June 2nd with 1 dash above middle on oil temp, stalled after refueling, dealer update (dealer stated when I picked it up on the 7th of June it had all the updates) now oil temp is at center.
I think Alfa won't pay dealer to update unless there is a issue (dealer stated it was connected to Alfa computer system and it said no updates needed)
Rich

·
Registered
226 Posts
Max, my Giulia was delivered to dealer on June 2nd with 1 dash above middle on oil temp, stalled after refueling, dealer update (dealer stated when I picked it up on the 7th of June it had all the updates) now oil temp is at center.
I think Alfa won't pay dealer to update unless there is a issue (dealer stated it was connected to Alfa computer system and it said no updates needed)
Rich
Hi Rich - same situation for me with stall after refuel and oil light one tick up.. 7 weeks ago software update fixed both...BUT - in the last week the oil temp gauge is back up above middle, so today it's going in to the dealer to see what's up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts