Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

after months of lurking, I'm getting ready to get my Giulia. Am looking at 2017 stock at my local dealer, and pre-owned TIs at an out-of-town AR dealer. The pre-owned models range from ~700-4k miles, and are closer in spec to my preference. However, they show a manufacture date of Nov and Dec 2016, respectively. I seem to recall having seen posts that early-date manufacture Giulias had issues that were corrected/did not occur in later production runs. Can't find them right now, though, hence this post.

What issues - if any - did early buyers (with manufacture date of late 2016/early 2017, as seen on the sticker in the driver-side door frame) encounter? What has been the overall ownership experience, incl. mileage, for buyers/owners of early manufacture date Giulias?

TIA, S.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good morning,

after months of lurking, I'm getting ready to get my Giulia. Am looking at 2017 stock at my local dealer, and pre-owned TIs at an out-of-town AR dealer. The pre-owned models range from ~700-4k miles, and are closer in spec to my preference. However, they show a manufacture date of Nov and Dec 2016, respectively. I seem to recall having seen posts that early-date manufacture Giulias had issues that were corrected/did not occur in later production runs. Can't find them right now, though, hence this post.

What issues - if any - did early buyers (with manufacture date of late 2016/early 2017, as seen on the sticker in the driver-side door frame) encounter? What has been the overall ownership experience, incl. mileage, for buyers/owners of early manufacture date Giulias?

TIA, S.
My Ti Sport had a Nov '16 build date.. 7k miles since early March... Runs perfect... it did need (2) separate dealer trips for s'ware flashes to fix known bugs early on.... but no issues over the last 5k miles....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good morning,

TIA, S.
My 2017 Q had a 8\16 build date, and the only issue I've had in 9300 miles was having to have a left headlight washer bracket replaced by the dealer ...... Everything else has worked fine .....

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,775 Posts
What's the oldest non-Q anyone has seen in North America?

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
So a Q2 built in September 2016 would be an unusual sight in the US?

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Yes. The number of 2.0L US Giulias built in September (alongside the launch stock of US Quadrifoglios) is very small. 2.0L US-spec production ramped up in November.
It was the RWD Ti I saw with front 245/35-19 and rear 285/30-194 tires.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My Nov 16 build, was fresh on the lot in February 17, it only had a couple issues that the software update fixed (and a smell thru the vents when new that also has a TSB now), it is possible that early builds actually had a very high level of quality control checks on the way out to ensure the launch was successful. The fit and finish is perfect for example.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts