Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello Everyone

Evan here fromSacramento CA. I’m looking to purchase aQ4 and have been immersing myself with everything I can on the car to get abetter understanding of what I am up against lol. I’m still deciding on color and options but I’m liking the Vesuvio GrayMetalic but I’m a sucker for Blue cars (2000 Lightning Blue Saab Viggen and 2011 UltrasonicBlue Mica Lexus ISF) and not sure if the Misano Blue Metalic is offered in theQ4. If it is, I’m sold! I just need to find one to test drive.

I’m not familiar with Alfa other than what I was told frommany years of Top Gear and the negative press the car has gotten as far asreliability but I’m still excited and willing to give it a try. I currently owna 11 Lexus ISF and its been a dream but I’m looking for something more “outsideof the Box” for a performance sedan when I replace this one. I have come from a line of sports cars/sedansI still own my 2000 LB Saab Viggen, Supra Turbo, had a 07 Volvo S60R and some other cars over the years. So this will be new tome but I’m looking to learn some things on the forum and just learn more aboutthe car and the owner experience before I pull the trigger. Thanks for the addand look forward to chatting with you all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure what to say about Top Gear and the negative press from past years as I'm just being introduced to the Alfa world myself with the Giulia I purchased. The Q4 are being offered with the Misano Blue Metallic according to the AR's website. In addition, Some other members have seen them popping up at dealerships already, not sure they are Q4's though.

I test drove an IS-F, 4 Series, Giulia - They were all great. Personally the IS-F lacks punch, 4-Series was great but something about it I just didn't like, Giulia was just wild and fun all around.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I found interesting is pretty much all the videos I have watched on the car, everyone seems to really enjoy it ( despite its issues) and it looks like an all-around fun car, and it just sounds insane. The ISF is a pretty raw beast, and has punch … but its transmission is its down fall. You really have to master its gearing engagement to really get the most out of it. It could also use a little more tq’s.

Lexus completely refined and overhauled that with the GSF, ( the transmission and TVD really bring it alive) still on my short list of replacements. However they just need to cross the 500HP with their V8s to remain competitive and to demand a 90K price tag.

With the ISF hitting 10 years of being on the road and my model had the improved suspension and Torsen LSD it’s an improvement over the earlier F’s but way behind the power curve with new technology offered in cars today.. and I want to try something new.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Boosted20v

lol yeah It's been my screen name for forums for 20+ years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts