Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Do you know which model year? My QV was delivered late May 2019. I did have my alarm go off once in intense heat but has been fine for 2 weeks.

Generally, really pleased as my daily driver.
Just a bit concerned that the owners manual says to check the oil after 750 miles. Mine was fine but now checking it on a regular basis.
My car is a MY17 but with a 2016 build. So I am not sure what years the alarm recall affects.

·
Vendor
2,117 Posts
I'd drive it daily. I drive my Q4 daily. If you know alfa's, they get pissed when you don't drive them. More problems arise when you don't take them out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine is temporarily. I'm having to daily drive it at the moment. As a result of summer camps, car seats and my 2 kids (2&5), our baby sitter is driving my wife's car, my wife is driving my regular daily and I'm driving my Quad. And....I'm loving it. This car is so easy to live with. In A or N, it drives like a regular commuter. In D it drives spiritedly around town. Then in Race......well.....it makes merging, off/on ramps and everything ridiculously fun.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes

It might sound ridiculous but the remote start feature actually lead me to go test drive a QV instead of the usually M or AMG cars. I park outside for 2-3 hours at a time and the remote start is a lifesaver in 100 degree Texas heat when you're wearing a suit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just picked up my QV yesterday. It will be replacing my 6 speed TDI sportwagen as a daily. My diesel wagon was a rare gem, extremely efficient and tons of space but even after a day there’s just no comparing the excitement of the Guilia!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My '17 is my DD, but I do try to drive the 4C twice a week, as well. Usually on those days when I don't need a back seat or big trunk, but sometimes just to experience the visceral experience that only the 4C can deliver.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My QV is my daily now that I've gotten rid of my Cadillac. I was alternating between my ATS-V and my QV for a while... real #firstworldproblem when you get up each morning and wonder "Which ~500hp car am I going to drive today?"

My only slight concern right now is winter. St. Louis where I live doesn't get terrible winters, but we do get cold that lasts a while and summer tires are NOT friendly pretty much November through April. May have to invest in a good set of winter tires (probably on rims) that I can swap out easily.

And to @kumar_a I feel ya! The other day we had 95 degree heat while I was at a restaurant with a customer... 2 and a half hour lunch and as I picked up the check I double-clicked my clicker and heard my car start up. By the time I'd gotten back out to my car it was much cooler than it would've been otherwise. Partly my fault for getting a black car :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mostly, but here in St. Louis I park it during Winter with a trickle charger and drive my 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo sedan. Wow! Takes a minute to get used to severe torque steer again! This helps me keep within the 12K/year on my lease, just in case I don't buy it at the end. May have to go back to stock motor mounts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Daily driver for the last 2 days. I just upgraded from a Ti Sport that I drove for the past 2 yrs. My 5 mile morning commute includes dropping my 4 yr old at preschool. This morning she got into the QV for the first time and said, “Daddy, make the engine go VVVVROOOOOM!!!” ❤

·
Registered
112 Posts
It’s custom-made. I bought a Britax Romer Trifix limited Edition baby chair and replaced materials with leather and alcantara like Giulia interior has ;)
Love it...way my little one throws his milk/snacks all over the place id be afarid to get it dirty lol.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Daily drive. Can't wait to drive it daily. Making my wife very happy too, when I go to Kroger, on the QV, every time that she asks for something. Washing it twice per week as long as temps are above 32F !!!!!

141 - 160 of 185 Posts