Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Q
33 Posts
I just finished 1200 miles holiday trip in Q, with my beloved ones (2+1 family!)

Folded seat was really useful and for longer vacation I’ll definetly put something onthe roof;), however: Giulia Q prooved to be great daily with capability to haul our huge amount of luggage and have comfortable ride (90% in a mode).

since we recently sold our second car (which actually served the role of daily), that is the only one we own right now and extremely happy with it. Average mpg from trip 22U.S.- but we went FAST. ;-)

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is a very technical question so please, brace yourself. Are rear folding seats standard on 2020 QV? If so, how do you fold them down. I have a gift of breaking things easily so I don't want to be pushing and shoving in the back seat area. Cheers.

Update: After extensive research which involved walking to the garage & fiddling around I was able to fold the rear seats down. My joy was short lived when I realised that I'd never actually use that feature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

I am curious. Are you guys driving your Quadrifoglio every day as your primary driver? I have acquired a Q.V. and also have a 4 year old Audi S5 (which is really fun too). Debating if I keep the Audi around as a DD or have you gone all in on your Q.V.?
ive stopped using my QV as a daily driver now winter is upon us. I have an Audi RS4 V8 for winter time driving. Not only that but 10,000 miles per set of tyres on the Alfa is also a factor.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is a very technical question so please, brace yourself. Are rear folding seats standard on 2020 QV? If so, how do you fold them down. I have a gift of breaking things easily so I don't want to be pushing and shoving in the back seat area. Cheers.

Update: After extensive research which involved walking to the garage & fiddling around I was able to fold the rear seats down. My joy was short lived when I realised that I'd never actually use that feature.
Mine does, easy levers from trunk to release lock first. I’ve used it number of times hulling long items from Homedepot/Lowes. It’s my sport utility vehicle ;)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is a daily driver, and now that we no longer have real winters in the greater Philadelphia area (2 straight years with no snow), I’ve never even put snow tires on it. To be clear, when it does snow, or if temps dip into the 30s, I’ll drive my wrangler but that’s literally been like 2 weeks/winter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine does, easy levers from trunk to release lock first. I’ve used it number of times hulling long items from Homedepot/Lowes. It’s my sport utility vehicle ;)
Mine are folded down permanently. I don't want any rear seat passengers. Hell, I don't even want anyone riding shotgun. I might remove the front passenger seat altogether:LOL:

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
332 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Still daily driving my 2018 QV (bought new in June 2019). I only have 14k miles on the clock because I have been a remote worker since March 2020. So no real driving needs especially since I live in an urban area. The car has been mechanically reliable bu the infotainment as taken a life of its own and randomly turns off and on. Also, the Android Auto and Google Carplay plainly suck. It's completely unpredictable. I have to admit I'm thinking of unloading the car especially now that Stellantis has eliminated any plans to use the Giorgio platform automobile applications and resale values will likely plummet.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
Still daily driving my 2018 QV (bought new in June 2019). I only have 14k miles on the clock because I have been a remote worker since March 2020. So no real driving needs especially since I live in an urban area. The car has been mechanically reliable bu the infotainment as taken a life of its own and randomly turns off and on. Also, the Android Auto and Google Carplay plainly suck. It's completely unpredictable. I have to admit I'm thinking of unloading the car especially now that Stellantis has eliminated any plans to use the Giorgio platform automobile applications and resale values will likely plummet.
I had infotainment issues too. Update the software. That fixed it for me.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Quadrifoglio rosso competizione
26 Posts
I daily the QV. It's handled torrential downpours, killed thousands of love bugs (which sometimes I don't have time to get them off for a week or two!), 90+ F degree temps with near 100% humidity, and all lovely road debris that comes along with daily driving. I'm not a polisher, so my cars get used. So far the QV has handled everything just fine

·
Registered
99 Posts
Daily here! Though my commute is less than ten minutes each way. I've put ~2500 miles on it in three weeks, though a big chunk of that was driving it home from the dealer (West Palm Beach to Tennessee). Road tripped it to visit family for mother's day, and one day trip to the Tail of the Dragon. I can't get enough of this thing!

While it will get a full polish and ceramic coating once I find the time, and hopefully full front end PPF'd, I'm definitely not one to try to hide a car from the rain or anything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 21 QV is not a daily driver and not a show pony either. I have a VW EOS as my daily driver. The QV is for trips and since I am recenty retired I have the time to make frequent trips to rediscover my beautiful home country of New Zealand. My QV is 11 weeks old and has now done 8,819 kms (5,500 miles). It started at the dealership in March with 16 kms on the odometer.

In NZ we get a three year, 150,000 km (93,000 mile) new car warranty. I am trying to fully utilise the warranty.

Regards

Catweazle NZ

Reactions: Mvforza and Avnyc11

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Quadrifoglio Rosso Competizione
30 Posts
I'm daily driving my new 2021. Still brand new with only 2 weeks and 1000 miles. I use all driving modes. Gunning it on on-ramps and vacant roads and mellowing out on the highway. A and N modes allow a smooth and luxurious ride. Knowing I can blow into hyperspeed at any second makes every drive a pleasure and a thrill. This is my third Giulia (2017 Q4, then 2019 Q4 Ti Carbon). First two were on 24 month lease, but purchased the QV.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
My 21 QV is not a daily driver and not a show pony either. I have a VW EOS as my daily driver. The QV is for trips and since I am recenty retired I have the time to make frequent trips to rediscover my beautiful home country of New Zealand. My QV is 11 weeks old and has now done 8,819 kms (5,500 miles). It started at the dealership in March with 16 kms on the odometer.

In NZ we get a three year, 150,000 km (93,000 mile) new car warranty. I am trying to fully utilise the warranty.

Regards

Catweazle NZ
The mileage on that warranty is great but the years need to be higher. If only they did that in the US, It would help with all of the concerns on reliability, albeit mostly unwarranted (pun intended)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just finishing three years of perfection on my 2018 Quad daily driver. Just took it to Lake Tahoe during the heat wave (106 at 4000 feet). It purred along nicely and the a/c easily handled the heat. Only one recall for a passenger rear view mirror switch that hadn't failed. By far the highest quality car I've owned vs. the Audi/BMW.Porsche/VW brands I owned before. Best part though is how it drives!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
332 Posts
Just finishing three years of perfection on my 2018 Quad daily driver. Just took it to Lake Tahoe during the heat wave (106 at 4000 feet). It purred along nicely and the a/c easily handled the heat. Only one recall for a passenger rear view mirror switch that hadn't failed. By far the highest quality car I've owned vs. the Audi/BMW.Porsche/VW brands I owned before. Best part though is how it drives!
Took my QV on a road trip to Tahoe earlier this year. It was amazing and it didn’t skip a beat! Snow was a challenge though lol

201 - 220 of 237 Posts