Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am curious. Are you guys driving your Quadrifoglio every day as your primary driver? I have acquired a Q.V. and also have a 4 year old Audi S5 (which is really fun too). Debating if I keep the Audi around as a DD or have you gone all in on your Q.V.?

·
Vendor
619 Posts
It can be, it does everything you can ask of it, comfortably. The 4C (some do it) would be a hard pill to swallow for a daily but the Giulia will do it with ease.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No winter tires this year so she will sit most of the coming season. Otherwise the only reason I don't drive mine all the time is to keep mileage at a reasonable amount.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I am planning on using it as a daily, so your input helps me. Thanks!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine is a daily driver. The only hard part is keeping it clean--attracts a lot of dirt to the rear bumper.
And the brake dust. So much brake dust.

Also daily driving my QV. You can be low-key and comfortably cruise home in N mode with your heated steering wheel and seats, or you can pop it into race mode and paddle shift the roaring monster down the highway. You'll look forward to your daily commute and find reasons to run errands.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Brake Dust

For a "Concourse Guy" the Ceramic Brakes will eliminate the dust problem ....and look sinister as well....I'm using my Quad as my daily....it's a pretty short commute but for some reason I keep putting miles on this car.....Because it was going to be my daily (and I'm in Long Island, winters can get tough), I swapped out the Pirelli Corsas for Michelin Super Sport Pilots (All Seasons) ...mostly due to the broader temperature range of the Michelins.....The Corsas have UNBELIEVABLE GRIP !!! but I don't think they could manage the extreme cold well.....So my recommendation would be a good All Season or dedicated Snows....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Depending where you live, if you have AWD you should have no issue driving these cars as daily drivers in areas of snow as well.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
Depending where you live, if you have AWD you should have no issue driving these cars as daily drivers in areas of snow as well.
A Stelvio is needed for the combination of Quadrifoglio and AWD.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
I plan on using my base Giula as an everyday car in NJ.
And I my Ti Q4 in southeastern Michigan. How great that we get to enjoy them daily (or at least on the days we drive).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not my DD. Have a Range Rover for that. This is a fun toy for the weekend and random nice days to go to work.

Reactions: 2017QV

·
Registered
422 Posts
When mine gets here it will be very difficult to leave it in garage. I have pickup and fiesta ST to put into pitching rotation. My commute is 50 miles so...........

·
Registered
36 Posts
Using as daily driver here in Toronto, Canada. Bought Michelin Aplin winter tires for winter and switching to Michelin Pilot Sports for next summer. Likely will have 24-30k km per year. Haven't had any issues and like everyone says very hard to stop driving the car and always making excuses to go for a drive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, will be my daily. On really bad days where winter weather will be a concern I'lll take the Audi S4 though. It's a great car so I might as well enjoy it as often as I can.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My QV will be my daily driver when it arrives. Selling my m235i which is current DD. While we don’t get much snow here in NC, the temps do fall into the 30s in Jan/Feb. I’m thinking I’ll either have to swap out the Corsa tires or pick up a winter / backup car.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts