Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have a 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia with the 2.0 turbo. When I bought the car it had low coolant on the engine reservoir (seems to have had a leak in the past) the car is not losing any Coolant from the time I've used it. The car has this weird Gunky film in the tank mostly on the top. Does this look like someone just topped off with the wrong coolant? I've heard of coolant GELLING so hopefully this isn't oil intermixing or maybe they added a stop leak to the coolant tank ? I did drain the oil and the oil was not brown or sludgy it was just oil. The car does not overheat and still has good power and otherwise doesn't have any issues with the engine. I've also attached a picture of the intercooler reservoir which is still the original clean color.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well try the first picture should look like the second picture. Unless the coolant was mixed, looks like oil is mixing. Oil cooler is probably bad, there's another post on this forum that has a similar problem. Get it to the shop under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts