Registered
1,493 Posts
not that i am aware of.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can you tell where to find that box?

Edit: I found it.
Any chance they will include tomtom (live) services as well or is it just to remote control the car?

I suppose you will get an OBD dongle to add the uconnect functionality.
It is so new that there arent any updates on the uconnect homepage yet

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It has nothing to do with the Infotainment system itself, and therefore it does not include any live traffic services.

Also, it's not a OBD dongle. It is installed close to the Body Computer; it taps into the CAN lines and the doors open wire, and it adds a relay on the starter block wire. It gets power through a fuse tap.

It is installed as an aftermarket item by the dealer during, even when it's specified as an option at the time of ordering.

The services are very limited.
https://www.alfaromeoconnect.eu/en/features/discover

This is the device:

The entire thing is just a rebrand of the Mopar Connect product that's already available on the 500, 500L and 500X (not to be confused with the identically named NAFTA-market product, that is a different thing). It will also be offered on other FCA models.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ok thanks for an actual picture of it.
In the fiat products you can get live services via uconnect though - but probably another link/box etc and not canbus

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.