Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Alfa issued a fix for the inop rear defroster under remote start conditions?

The problem is that when the car is remote started, although the rear defrost button indicator illuminates, the heater circuit does not energize or start defrosting until the Start/Stop is pressed.

This is, of course, stupid, and perforce annoying.

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
573 Posts
I remote started mine over the weekend with snow covering the rear window and noticed that it did not come on. I don't even remember if coming on after I pushed the Start button, had to turn it on myself.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I just came out of the Dealer that was one of the issues I wanted addressed. They don't have a fix for this yet but it has been submitted to Alfa.

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just came out of the Dealer that was one of the issues I wanted addressed. They don't have a fix for this yet but it has been submitted to Alfa.
Thank you!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That, plus the seat and steering wheel. But the windshields are more important!
Less important, perhaps, but an equally stupid oversight that’s also just as frustrating. I want those, too.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hey Chaadster, instead of posting ANOTHER thread complaining about this, have you contacted Alfa? You've been asked repeatedly to do so. You've had plenty of time to complain multiple times in the forum, so you've certainly had enough time and opportunity to contact Alfa. Fortunately, ttaidapos is much more useful with this issue since they took the initiative to actually report the issue to Alfa and request it as an update, and he/she did it without multiple threads of drama complaining! Kudos to ttaidapos for being pro-active in helping Alfa to make a truly great car even better.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,091 Posts
Dozens, if not hundreds, of Giulias and Stelvios are now in the hands of FCA North America employees.
Let's see whether their feedback about such shortcomings yield improvements that will benefit all of us.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Dozens, if not hundreds, of Giulias and Stelvios are now in the hands of FCA North America employees.
Let's see whether their feedback about such shortcomings yield improvements that will benefit all of us.
I'm absolutely certain it will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.