Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Judging from what it looks like in the configurator, it looks more brown than tan IMHO
You’re right, it is darker (my 2021 vs 2022 configurator below). Still nice, although I don’t like that the dash and door cards are black.

What it is not is “crema”, which was the light tan color I had in my 2017 Ti Lusso.

Car Mirror Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle

White Light Product Vehicle Font

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had my eye on the Giulia for a while - always loved it, never had any real intention of ponying up the cash to buy one. However I'm now seriously considering it, only to discover that the tan interior which I covet (my ideal combo would be Visconti green / yellow calipers / tan interior) is no longer available.

What I can't get a straight answer on from the dealer is whether this is a temporary situation, which could make sense given how ****ed up global supply chains are for so many things, or if they have permanently discontinued the tan interior.

Does anyone have any intel on this?
I've seen new cars with brown interiors on the Strongsville, Ohio Alfa Romeo dealer website. Check them out, I got my car from them. Great prices and nice guys to work with. One of the largest volume Alfa Romeo dealers in the USA.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I've seen new cars with brown interiors on the Strongsville, Ohio Alfa Romeo dealer website. Check them out, I got my car from them. Great prices and nice guys to work with. One of the largest volume Alfa Romeo dealers in the USA.
Ohio is a long way from New Zealand, not sure they’d deliver. 😉

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I've had my eye on the Giulia for a while - always loved it, never had any real intention of ponying up the cash to buy one. However I'm now seriously considering it, only to discover that the tan interior which I covet (my ideal combo would be Visconti green / yellow calipers / tan interior) is no longer available.

What I can't get a straight answer on from the dealer is whether this is a temporary situation, which could make sense given how ****ed up global supply chains are for so many things, or if they have permanently discontinued the tan interior.

Make me an offer (+ you cover shipping) —

Car Vehicle Plant Hood Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Make me an offer (+ you cover shipping) —

View attachment 126846
View attachment 126847
Lovely looking car! I'm envious. Though there is the slight technicality of the steering wheel being on the wrong side for us Down Under. :D

Having chatted a bit to the dealer here in Sydney, I have to say that I don't like ANY of the changes they have made to the 2022 spec (that we can get here in Australia, anyway) which is to significantly limit the exterior colours, do away with the tan interior, apparently remove any colour coding of dash and door cards (though nobody is 100% sure), and replace what I think of as the classic Veloce wheels, ie these:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

with these ones, which are very much not to my taste:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

So as of now, for what I want, the Giulia Veloce peaked at the 2021 edition. If I do buy new, then I could order a Vesuvio Grey with red leather trim (the only colour I like which also comes with the red interior, given I really don't want an all-black interior), but then I still need to swap out the wheels and and I'm still stuck with a black dash and doors.

So if anyone in Australia has a 2021 model Veloce they want to get rid of, in Vesuvio/red or Misano/tan or Visconti/tan, hit me up! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi @mentalblank. I'm afraid for the moment that the tan is not available as an order. I think you might be out of luck as there are only 5 Veloce shown on Carsales at the moment and none of them match your spec (I was thinking there might be a dealer car somewhere in the country). My May 21 build Misano Blue has both the tan and yellow calipers. I was told that my car when it was delivered in Sept 21 was one of the last with that colour combination to be received into Aus. Mine was a special order from January 21.

Not much help in finding you want you want I'm afraid.
Yep I've been scouring the classifieds and there are incredibly few '21 or '22 Veloces around, whether new or nearly-new, and the VAST majority seem to have black interiors.

Your colour combo of Misano blue / tan / yellow calipers is stunning (I had a look at your post here). I'd go for that in a heartbeat if it was available now. Surely you must be bored of yours by now and in need of something new? :D

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
389 Posts
Yep I've been scouring the classifieds and there are incredibly few '21 or '22 Veloces around, whether new or nearly-new, and the VAST majority seem to have black interiors.

Your colour combo of Misano blue / tan / yellow calipers is stunning (I had a look at your post here). I'd go for that in a heartbeat if it was available now. Surely you must be bored of yours by now and in need of something new? :D
Good pitch. Very happy with my choice and a bit lucky. I ordered just in time not that I realised it.......

Not bored yet but Rosso Etna could perhaps persuade me to swap and it been available when I order it would have probably won the day - red Alfa and all that. It still would be have to be red/tan and yellow calipers though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
@mentalblank On this side of the pond they decided to make the sun-roof standard for the veloce as well, which bugs the heck out of me. Is that how it is in Oz now as well? Glad i got mine when it was still an option.
I don't think so but it's possible that they have. The salesman was not super specific.

I'm a bit torn about the sunroof - I do like having one but it makes the headroom pretty marginal for me upfront (I'm ~6'2") and extremely tight in back... then again I don't plan to be spending time back there. I also find it very noisy when open, thanks to the panoramic style design (would far prefer an old-school one where it slides inside the roof). On the other hand, tootling around at low speed the fresh air is nice.

The sunroof on my previous Alfa to have one (a 2002 147) was its Achilles heel, as where I park on the street all the endless detritus dropped by the Plane trees outside my house tends to clog the sunroof drains, with the result that the car would leak in the rain. NOT pleasant. Really hoping they have solved that issue at some point in the last 20 years...

·
Registered
24 Posts

You are right, I have the Visconti green / yellow calipers / tan interior combo and get asked a lot about it, but for some odd reason Alfa doesn't offer it anymore.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
389 Posts
@mentalblank On this side of the pond they decided to make the sun-roof standard for the veloce as well, which bugs the heck out of me. Is that how it is in Oz now as well? Glad i got mine when it was still an option.
The Veloce here is extremely well specked. Essentially every feature is included. Colour aside there are 4 options only. Yellow or black calipers (red standard), red interior (black standard), the HK audio and sunroof. All the things I see as options in the US from leather dash to staggered wheels are included here.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,763 Posts
Australia-market Giulias low complexity from the outset?

Reactions: Norwood61

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,570 Posts
I got onto AlfaRomeo Australia's website, and i noticed there is no "metallic" red (Rosso Competizione or Rosso Etna) option for any model. Thats a disappointment.

@mentalblank Regarding wheels, i noticed the website lists the classic 5-hole-wheels as an option for Veloce. I think the dealer you're talking to might be wrong?

Cheers

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I got onto AlfaRomeo Australia's website, and i noticed there is no "metallic" red (Rosso Competizione or Alfa Etna) option for any model. Thats a disappointment.

@mentalblank Regarding wheels, i noticed the website lists the classic 5-hole-wheels as an option for Veloce.

View attachment 127021
I saw that too... though the salesman showed me his printout of options which did not include the classic wheels. I'm not sure that the website is necessarily the definitive source of information.

Anyway the wheels issue could be solved, as the parts department still stocks them and so one way or the other I could sort it out I'm sure, it's just an inconvenience.

Re the colours, it's amazing that they don't even offer a metallic red anymore. Really a very limited colour palette now available.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,570 Posts
I saw that too... though the salesman showed me his printout of options which did not include the classic wheels. I'm not sure that the website is necessarily the definitive source of information.

Anyway the wheels issue could be solved, as the parts department still stocks them and so one way or the other I could sort it out I'm sure, it's just an inconvenience.

Re the colours, it's amazing that they don't even offer a metallic red anymore. Really a very limited colour palette now available.
Yeah i suppose the website could be wrong as well. Did you happen to see if the classic 5-holes are still offered on the QV?

Did you happen to get an estimate on how long it would take to get a car if you ordered one?

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah i suppose the website could be wrong as well. Did you happen to see if the classic 5-holes are still offered on the QV?

Did you happen to get an estimate on how long it would take to get a car if you ordered one?

Cheers
No I'm not sure what's offered on the QV.

Re delivery estimate, I was told ordering now would likely mean December delivery "but could be sooner". TBH I'm not sure the salesman I spoke to was necessarily the most authoritative source of information so take that with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, that's true. They've always been pretty fully loaded, but we got a reasonable selection of internal/external colour options, whereas now that has been reduced too.
That's something that makes me crazy on the USA cars and has made me jealous of other markets. Lot cars are almost always missing one option, at least at my dealer. I assume ordered to a price point by the dealer. Usually either missing leather dash or active assist, or if a car had both they'd be an interior or exterior color I didn't want.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts