Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on the Giulia for a while - always loved it, never had any real intention of ponying up the cash to buy one. However I'm now seriously considering it, only to discover that the tan interior which I covet (my ideal combo would be Visconti green / yellow calipers / tan interior) is no longer available.

What I can't get a straight answer on from the dealer is whether this is a temporary situation, which could make sense given how ****ed up global supply chains are for so many things, or if they have permanently discontinued the tan interior.

Does anyone have any intel on this?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here's a summary of (only) the differences of the 2022 2.0 models. This will show you which model has tan seats & what exterior colors are available for that model....
Font Parallel Number Circle Document
Font Material property Number Circle Parallel
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Screenshot

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,757 Posts
I wish it had been available on Sport/Veloce. Red will do.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've had my eye on the Giulia for a while - always loved it, never had any real intention of ponying up the cash to buy one. However I'm now seriously considering it, only to discover that the tan interior which I covet (my ideal combo would be Visconti green / yellow calipers / tan interior) is no longer available.

What I can't get a straight answer on from the dealer is whether this is a temporary situation, which could make sense given how ****ed up global supply chains are for so many things, or if they have permanently discontinued the tan interior.

Assuming you mean tan/beige and not brown they didn't sell/make a ton of those interiors (Lusso model I think) to begin with and I believe eliminated the color as part of the simplification of options related to cutting cost...so not a supply chain issue. Supposedly they are going to offer more options on future model years, but I suspect this might just be things like the Estrema package, not going back to a lot more overall options. At this point I don't think anyone could accurately say one way or the other if a tan interior will be available.

Might be kind of extreme, but one could also do a custom interior at an upholstery shop. I just bought a Stelvio for my wife and ran into the exact same issue you have...she wanted a tan (really white) interior, which just isn't an option outside of a few used specimens that weren't close to what she wanted (mileage and options). I'm going to start exploring custom interior work for her if she actually likes the Stelvio (black interior) she ended up with and wants to keep it long-term (only had it 4 days).

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
@markoware , the Crema interior in my wife’s 2020 Stelvio is very nice.

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
791 Posts
but sadly ur wife doesn't like her stelvio and i thought u were trying to get rid of it. not anymore?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have clarified I'm based in Australia, where our model/trim range is a little different to the US. I was referring to the interior colour shown here: 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce review

I was under the impression that it was currently withdrawn from all markets. I think production in Italy has had a number of setbacks and supply issues, so I wonder whether this is a result of that situation and may be resolved in due course, or a deliberate simplification of the range.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, that's what I tried finding for her and gave up. She did like crema in pictures, although I also suspect she wanted even more white than that. Everything was 40k+ miles (her objection on mileage, not mine) and/or exteriors she didn't want. Also the full-blown sports seats were a high want. New in certain markets was also more attractive because of the trade I had and discounts on new lot cars. We weren't even looking for a Stelvio specifically. She wanted a light-colored interior SUV that was "fast." I needed her to be at a $40k-$50k out the door price point. The whole endeavor was maddening. We compromised: I went over budget on a Veloce and she settled for a car she didn't want.

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
791 Posts

you'd have to stick to used market for that config.
verde visconti has been discontinued with 2021 being last yr being produced.
alfa simplified order/selection and lots of colors are no longer available.
even two-tone interior is no longer offered and red stitching on dash/door/steering wheel is not offered.
i believe majority of these items are not due to global shortage, but rather alfa cutting production cost & retaining part bin for replacement parts.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I should have clarified I'm based in Australia, where our model/trim range is a little different to the US. I was referring to the interior colour shown here: 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce review

I was under the impression that it was currently withdrawn from all markets. I think production in Italy has had a number of setbacks and supply issues, so I wonder whether this is a result of that situation and may be resolved in due course, or a deliberate simplification of the range.
I forgot they offered some different combinations in other markets I think longer than they did in the USA. On the new USA cars (I think starting on 2022) they offer black seats in all trims, brown in some, and red in some. But the dash/doors are black regardless, it's just the seats. And the leather dash/door card stitching is now black regardless of seat leather.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
but sadly ur wife doesn't like her stelvio and i thought u were trying to get rid of it. not anymore?
We decided to keep the Stelvio as an extra car for when our kids are in town. It’ll be coming off lease in March with less than 20,000 miles.

Reactions: xc1097

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Yeah, that's what I tried finding for her and gave up. She did like crema in pictures, although I also suspect she wanted even more white than that. Everything was 40k+ miles (her objection on mileage, not mine) and/or exteriors she didn't want. Also the full-blown sports seats were a high want. New in certain markets was also more attractive because of the trade I had and discounts on new lot cars. We weren't even looking for a Stelvio specifically. She wanted a light-colored interior SUV that was "fast." I needed her to be at a $40k-$50k out the door price point. The whole endeavor was maddening. We compromised: I went over budget on a Veloce and she settled for a car she didn't want.
Lusso, so not sport seats. Comp red, though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
My last Stelvio was the Lusso trim with the very light colored seats you described. After two years, I wouldn't get that again. The seats were fine but the carpet and headliner didn't wear well at all.
I hope they bring back the Lusso trim for 2024 but offer it other colors.
John

·
Registered
280 Posts
The whole situation was driven by me needing to cut costs and the car market giving me the opportunity to do so. I traded a pink-wrapped with chalk interior loaded 21 Macan Turbo for a loaded '22 Ocra GT Stelvio Veloce that the transporter delivered four days ago. I get her perspective and that she is not a fan of this change, but after months of working with her to find something the best idea I had was a Stelvio. I told her I'd take the new Stelvio and trade my Giulia for something for her if she found an SUV in the $40k-$50k price range she actually wanted. The other super-limiting factor is she still has it in her head she can go to a lot, test drive a car, and take it home...especially difficult given her super-specific wants when it comes to interior color. Like maybe ordering an X3 would be okay but she has to see it in person first. Really her biggest hang-ups are not liking change, the Stelvio is not wrapped pink, and the interior color. She took the Stelvio on a short out of town trip and is having a super hard time figuring out how anything works...like hitting the hill-decent button to turn on the cruise. I do feel bad, but even stuff like that is so much better than the Macan, which was kind of a button/interior disaster. And for my part having a daily-driver SUV that doesn't have every surface covered in white leather (even lower door cards) is a relief.

Closest we came was Tucson. She loved it but too slow (fair) and could never test drive a torquier hybrid version. She told me to pull the trigger on an EV6, but it was a couple weeks after the initial wave hit dealers from Korea and at that point I couldn't realistically get one with the interior she wants.

When she gets back from her little trip I have a Squadra tune ready to go and GTA badges that will both make her a little happier, along with paint correction and coatings. And I need to figure out if it's actually broken or just the lane-keep stuff turned way up because I got a stream of texts about how it's broken and all over the highway, beeping, and is uncontrollable (I haven't driven it).

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Headliner still looks fine. Floor mats easy to shampoo.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My last Stelvio was the Lusso trim with the very light colored seats you described. After two years, I wouldn't get that again. The seats were fine but the carpet and headliner didn't wear well at all.
I hope they bring back the Lusso trim for 2024 but offer it other colors.
John
I always wished the white interior (can't recall if that was only QV) had white seats in addition to the white dash and door cards.

·
Registered
280 Posts
For the OP, I wouldn't hold my breath on new interiors in any market. With the volume of cars and price point at which they sell it never really made financial sense for Alfa to offer all the variations and options they did. Their focus is rolling out new models now. The juice just wouldn't be worth the squeeze for them on the Giulia. Hopefully they prove me wrong, though.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,570 Posts
@mentalblank
Tan interior is gone. Don’t hold your breath waiting for them to bring it(or any other options) back. There MIGHT be some “limited edition” models which could have it though, but that is pure speculation at this point.

If you want a Giulia now is as good a time as its going to get, because they have been cutting options and raising prices each consecutive year.

A couple of things to keep in mind:
There have been rumors of a “mid-cycle refresh”, which seems to include new headlighs and an all-digital-gauge-cluster, but no one knows when that will hit the showroom and how much extra the car will cost at that point.

Alfa Romeo Australia recently announced they are offering a 5yr warranty, make sure you get it if/when you get the car.

Cheers
PS> i’m glad the tan interior was available when i got my Giulia

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
389 Posts

Hi @mentalblank. I'm afraid for the moment that the tan is not available as an order. I think you might be out of luck as there are only 5 Veloce shown on Carsales at the moment and none of them match your spec (I was thinking there might be a dealer car somewhere in the country). My May 21 build Misano Blue has both the tan and yellow calipers. I was told that my car when it was delivered in Sept 21 was one of the last with that colour combination to be received into Aus. Mine was a special order from January 21.

Not much help in finding you want you want I'm afraid.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts

Still available in the US only for the 2022 Ti model. But only the seats, not the dash or door cards. It’s called Saddle Brown.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts