Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Giulia as currently shown in 510 hp QV trim is never ever going to sell in big numbers. Just look around, how many M3's ATS-V's, RS4's, C63's do you see roaming around daily? Sure there's enough, but whats the ratio to those vs their pedestrian derivatives?

Exactly, yes its a halo car I understand that, but Alfa is currently standing on a pile of someone elses money, namely Jeeps, its going to get to a point where Jeep needs to use its own cash for developing its own products and Alfa will be left to stand on its own 4 wheels. The thing is Jeep is supporting the entire empire right now, so its not entirely clear jus how thin Sergio can continue to stretch Jeep before the gravy runs out.

Point being, I don't think a super sports saloon aping Audi to the best of its ability is enough to prop Alfa up. Yea the QV has sex appeal sure, but do people still feel the same when contemplating buying one with an Italian 2.0T vs something German? We all know how people love to quip, I love my German Engineering. People lust for italian soul and temperment sure, but not when you have a job to get to every morning.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think that the 4C stands on its own, but its hard to completely understand the Giulia without seeing some more models in the lineup that are yet to come out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that the 4C stands on its own, but its hard to completely understand the Giulia without seeing some more models in the lineup that are yet to come out.
The point I'm making is that yea the QV is pure sex, but when it comes to volume sales will people side with Alfa and a 2.0T over known quantities like the A4 et all??

I'm not sure Alfa makes a rational appeal to the majority of shoppers...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts