Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boston DMD....Is she home yet ? I figured I'd post this under "New Members" !!!!

A patient of mine has been really inquisitive about the Giulia...yesterday he texts me while he's on the way to Alfredo's Foreign Cars in Larchmont and before you know it, he's dealing with MDriver's salesman John, he pulls the trigger on a Rosso Comp Quad that was on their showroom floor !!!

It's so reassuring to see that Alfa came back to these shores with such a world class car...in any variant !!! Now it's time for us to spread the word !!! So many of my friends and colleagues say to me..."Oh, I'm tired of BMW...blah....blah....blah..." I really believe Alfa can succeed (in relative terms) this time around...I mean, the car business is way more competitive now vs 1970's, but back then, Alfa had no real business plan. They were just surviving....The accolades, the print and TV ads, and more importantly the PRODUCT, all point towards a commitment to establish themselves as a viable alternative stateside...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Talking about a Giulia fanboy! Proselytizing to his patients about the second coming of Alfa Romeo while he's got his fingers and drills in their mouth!

:D :D :D

(As Flip Wilson always said: "The dentist made me do it")

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I need to work on a commission !!!!!

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hey Dino, she is home, got her yesterday and I’m still in awe....

Tonite i’m taking her to Unique Car Care for
The works..... paint correction, full body wrap, quartz, interior detail and leather protection.....
A big chunk of change, but she is a keeper!
Will post pics next week and start new thread soon as I get a chance, I just have been swamped with patients that wait to the last minute..... you know what I mean

Attachments

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It's one of those cars that pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. It has such presence. It's like a thoroughbred racing horse; definitely on another level in beauty and style. When you do your first hand wash, you really start to appreciate the sculpted body lines.

I got upgraded headlight bulbs and took it to the dealer to have them installed (not a user-install item) and I pulled into the service area which is an enclosed bay with bright overhead lights. My car is Monte Carlo Blue with Llumar wrap on the entire front, and the rest of the car has Cilajet protection on it. In the bay under their lighting, the car looked like a piece of deep blue mountain lake in the shape of a Giulia. Other customers were coming over to look at it. People who work there were coming over to walk around it. No picture can capture the presence it has when it's clean and shiny. In addition to the superb design and styling, they seem to have gone the extra mile to choose great paints too.

Welcome to your new Italian love affair. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
How was the drive back home? Roads should have been clear for the most part.
With the Michelin Alpin tires on, it was a pleasure to drive on asphalt or snow in all modes.
Just an incredible vehicle...... I will bring her along the next time we meet.....

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
We have snow here and you have to drive on it before you get to the main roads which have been cleared. The first time I realized the AWD had engaged, I heard kind of a whirring growl. It took a few seconds before I realized what I was hearing. I never felt a thing; the car engages and disengages AWD so smoothly and effortlessly, I didn't feel it at all. There's no indicator on the dash; it just does it. The engineers and programmers who created this car have done a truly amazing job at making it just do what it's supposed to do. I'm already so spoiled it's hard to be in any other vehicle; they all feel so unrefined now by comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts