2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
So technique counts.

• Haha
Reactions: BobboR and C.Q4

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you're cruising along the Giulia is not going to be ready to make any fast passes within a couple of seconds, even in D. Changing multiple gears and trying to build boost just isn't a recipe for passing immediacy. The car will let you brake boost while cruising, though, so you can get some action that way. Do it for more than two or three seconds, though, and it thinks the electronic throttle is broken and flashes a CEL.

I don't know about you guys, but I really love that the Giulia lets you apply the brakes without killing the throttle. A lot of modern cars will do that for safety, but Alfa had the sense to not do it for driving enjoyment.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
If you're cruising along the Giulia is not going to be ready to make any fast passes within a couple of seconds, even in D. Changing multiple gears and trying to build boost just isn't a recipe for passing immediacy. The car will let you brake boost while cruising, though, so you can get some action that way. Do it for more than two or three seconds, though, and it thinks the electronic throttle is broken and flashes a CEL.

I don't know about you guys, but I really love that the Giulia lets you apply the brakes without killing the throttle. A lot of modern cars will do that for safety, but Alfa had the sense to not do it for driving enjoyment.
This can throw codes immediately, depending on <insert random variable here>. I've had it happen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This can throw codes immediately, depending on <insert random variable here>. I've had it happen.
Yep, brake boosting will throw codes right away, but did you have something stick around longer than an engine restart? Matt Farah had this in his one take video with the QV after brake boosting.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
702 Posts
If you keep losing to Scions you should add a NOS sticker to the car. Just the sticker along gives you +25 HPs. Maybe add two in case the Scion guy has a sticker too.

For real though... You never know what shitbox mobile people chose to make sleepers out of.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
Yep, brake boosting will throw codes right away, but did you have something stick around longer than an engine restart? Matt Farah had this in his one take video with the QV after brake boosting.
Brake boosting from a stop has never done me wrong. Only if I hit the brake pedal while moving does it freak out.

Reactions: Marmaduke

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If you keep losing to Scions you should add a NOS sticker to the car. Just the sticker along gives you +25 HPs. Maybe add two in case the Scion guy has a sticker too.

For real though... You never know what shitbox mobile people chose to make sleepers out of.
True , There is a guy up the street from me that has a Honda Mini SUV that’s turbocharged within an inch of its life.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts