Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dealer said that front rotors are warped and needs to be replaced alone with pads to fix vibration during the braking. Car is 15 month old and 28000 km (18k miles), quote is $1300 for front set.
Or those just shitty rotors and better to look else where.
Dont want to replace those every year.
Base Giulia 2.0, regular use

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dealer said that front rotors are warped and needs to be replaced alone with pads to fix vibration during the braking. Car is 15 month old and 28000 km (18k miles), quote is $1300 for front set.
Wow, that is quite a price for a set of rotors and pads, I really hope we can find better/cheaper options. Which dealership quoted you that price?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that is quite a price for a set of rotors and pads, I really hope we can find better/cheaper options. Which dealership quoted you that price?
Maranello

·
Registered
857 Posts
Seems way too soon for warped rotors. The price may be typical for a Dealer though.

I recall BMW dealer asking around $1,200 for front rotors and pads, not too long ago. I ended up doing front and back myself on the 5 series... rotors pads and wear sensors cost be a whopping $330 plus a few bucks for some anti-squeal grease and a few hours of fairly easy work. Bought my parts from "A1 Auto" on line and yes they are Chinese parts but they did the trick and the brakes worked fine. I doubt if such parts are available for the Giulia yet.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Rotors are suppose to be covered for the first 12 months. So my question is "did they just happen to warp in the last 6 months"? I would ask the dealer why they didn't see that issue starting during the 12 month inspection

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
Perhaps uneven rust on the rotors caused by those severe Toronto winters?

I have observed no issues with the rotors on my car (10500 miles) other than that they are heavy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts