Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was negotiating with a dealer today and he insists that 24 mo lease is more expensive than 36 months for Giulia Sport Ti.

Normally that would be the case for other car models, but a lot of forum members here have been getting way sweeter deals on the 24 month leases.

Did Giulia residual values suddenly go up in August or something to make the 36 month lease a better deal?

(I'm dealing by phone with dealer out of state so I don't have benefit of eyeballing their numbers just yet.

·
Banned
264 Posts
I was negotiating with a dealer today and he insists that 24 mo lease is more expensive than 36 months for Giulia Sport Ti.

Normally that would be the case for other car models, but a lot of forum members here have been getting way sweeter deals on the 24 month leases.

Did Giulia residual values suddenly go up in August or something to make the 36 month lease a better deal?

(I'm dealing by phone with dealer out of state so I don't have benefit of eyeballing their numbers just yet.
in July the 36month was certainly more expensive...ask them to give you the money factor and residuals for both...

·
Registered
57 Posts
heard as cars get near the end of the year the residual a get lower .. also just briefly looking at the deals for a base it's a $20 difference per month from a 24 months to a 36.. it will be much higher for a TI of course..

·
Registered
482 Posts
The 24 used to be cheaper but sometime in July the numbers flipped, and then the longer the term the cheaper the lease, as is traditional. This was confirmed by a lease broker friend of mine. Not sure if anything changed for August.

·
Registered
52 Posts
24 mo vs. 36 mo

I just got a lease quote last week here in MI. The 24 month lease was cheaper than the 36 mo. lease. The money factor was nearly 0% on the 24 mo. lease and higher on the 36. Guess Alfa wants to get some used cars into dealers' hands sooner rather than later?

My only hangup is that the nearest dealer to me is 2.5 hours away by car. I'd like to have positive thoughts about the reliability of these, but...

I actually had a Fiat 500 Abarth a few years ago. In the 2 years I owned it I didn't need a single warranty repair. That was a really fun car. The Giulia is a little more mature, but I hope the fun factor is still similar. I think the Giulia needs a bit of that Abarth exhaust rumble, though.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had an Abarth 500c as well. The Giulia is as much fun. The sound of the Giulia Ti is not as lively, but I'm upgrading mine once the Magnaflow Corsa exhaust is out.

I have the performance pack, so the car almost drives like a Kart! Against all other cars in its class, the Alfa is the hands down driver's car.

·
Banned
264 Posts
My only hangup is that the nearest dealer to me is 2.5 hours away by car. I'd like to have positive thoughts about the reliability of these, but...
That kind of distance makes it a no go..that would be true of any car, but particularly this one...5 hours of driving for repairs? you gotta be kidding....5 hours is assuming they can actually do the repair while you wait..how many hours is that? If you have to leave the car, that's 10 hours of driving....unless you are retired and REALLY like to drive, that wont work out well for you..

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I'm sure AR is manipulating the lease numbers to avoid having a huge influx of returned vehicles all at the same time 36 months from now. Putting out short-term incentives for 24 month leases is merely a way to spread out the numbers. Doing your homework to see which one is cheaper at any given time will be key. They had no 24-month incentives when I leased mine in May. I probably would have done that if they did, because AR should have all the minor aggravations resolved by 2019!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts