Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Giulia has only one tow eye that contains a treaded a nut to accept a tow eye. While mounting the front license plate I noticed that drivers side of the car did not have the treaded nut welded into bumper. Only the right side of the car has the nut. Installed the license plate on the passenger side using the tow eye receiver, didn't want to drill into the bumper. Guess I'll need to carry 17mm socket to pull the plate if I ever need to be towed onto a flat bed?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
It's not you. My dealer used the driver side eye and it's just a guide. They drilled my bumper to secure it.

They said not to do the passenger side as it can interfere with the FCW.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My Giulia has only one tow eye that contains a treaded a nut to accept a tow eye. While mounting the front license plate I noticed that drivers side of the car did not have the treaded nut welded into bumper. Only the right side of the car has the nut. Installed the license plate on the passenger side using the tow eye receiver, didn't want to drill into the bumper. Guess I'll need to carry 17mm socket to pull the plate if I ever need to be towed onto a flat bed?

I don't think they are suppose to use that. The transporter for my delivery tied my QV down with that hook broke both caps taking them off (you can see the screw driver marks to pry) I told the selling dealer and the guy said they are NEVER suppose to tie those QV's down (maybe they should mention that to their transporters). Then I hear you are not suppose to be towed by that. Weird what is it for then. I can say I had a service tow for a flat. Fortunately we were able to inflate the tire to let her drive up the ramp on her own to the flat bed and still had air 4 miles down the road to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It's not you. My dealer used the driver side eye and it's just a guide. They drilled my bumper to secure it.

They said not to do the passenger side as it can interfere with the FCW.
If it’s low profile enough and in the proper place the passenger side is fine. My tow hook mount has been on for almost 6 months and no issues at all.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I just installed one today on the stelvio quad - and the parking proximity sensor "sees" it.
I'm thinking I have to put new holes in the plate to move it away.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
I wanted it on the right but my dealer told me they couldn't do it so I settled on the left

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought this:
to mount my front license.
For 2017-Up Alfa Romeo Giulia Front Bumper Tow Hook License Plate Mount Relocator Bracket:
You will need mount the plate holder near the bottom on the stem. I had to move the holder to the second from the bottom to not interfere with the FCW. Additionally, I needed to add a star lock washer on stem to stop the plate from pivoting. The rubber washer provided for this purpose proved worthless. Additionally, I used Loctite Blue to keep all the fasteners from loosening. If you must have front plate on your Giulia this will do the job with a few mods.

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I am so glad we don’t have to have a front plate here. Most of our cars we have had to get some stupid front plate that was bogus or live with holes in the front for a holder that doesn’t exist. The QV doesn’t look like it was meant to have a front plate. The states need to understand the Giulia and Stelvio should be exempted because they are special and unique. All someone has to remember is the car that did that have a V grille in the front and was x color. That should narrow the pool of culprits to about 2

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Quadrifoglio Misano
14 Posts
I too was surprised to find that only the passenger side had a threaded nut welded into the hole on the aluminum (sub)frame. Blue Technology Photography Logo Space

·
Registered
547 Posts
I am so glad we don’t have to have a front plate here. Most of our cars we have had to get some stupid front plate that was bogus or live with holes in the front for a holder that doesn’t exist. The QV doesn’t look like it was meant to have a front plate. The states need to understand the Giulia and Stelvio should be exempted because they are special and unique. All someone has to remember is the car that did that have a V grille in the front and was x color. That should narrow the pool of culprits to about 2
This guy for President.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts