Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read, Alfas in Europe are notorious for massive depreciation even within the first 2 years of ownership. BMW's, it seems to drop in value significantly here in the states as well.

Is anyone concerned that as soon as they drive off the lot, the $75K QV will only be worth about $50K? Or is depreciation going to be limited more for the base and Ti models since the QV will be ran in more limited quantities?

Also, FCA has taken a hard stance against dealerships marking up MSRP's on initial release. Think this will be an issue with Alfas to start with? I know some dealerships were trying to charge $15K in addition to MSRP for Hellcats. I imagine the same is true for the GT350.

I'm leaning towards leasing a QV for this reason alone. I dont think I could stomach knowing I tossed $20K in the toilet just to be the first to have one. I would rather wait to buy one second hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok the fast way a fully loaded quad will be north of $84,000.00
now the sparco seats and upgraded brakes make up about $11,000
order a quad with all standard equipment is around $68,000 with dest and dealer fees $72,000
most dealers will order 2 fully loaded only dont expected them to have standard ones on lot until late 2017 you will have to order most likely

standard wheels are silver
standard all black interior
standard radio no amp
no color variant on interior

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ok the fast way a fully loaded quad will be north of $84,000.00
now the sparco seats and upgraded brakes make up about $11,000
order a quad with all standard equipment is around $68,000 with dest and dealer fees $72,000
most dealers will order 2 fully loaded only dont expected them to have standard ones on lot until late 2017 you will have to order most likely

standard wheels are silver
standard all black interior
standard radio no amp
no color variant on interior
how accurate is this source?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good question...
Imo the best bet is to wait and get the official word from Alfa before jumping to any conclusions.

As far as depreciation is concerned its just an unfortunate fact...better to live with it and enjoy driving your Giulia, (you know you will) :wink2:
I am debating on leasing. Just not sure how that would help against depreciation.

·
Registered
64 Posts
To be honest, given that I know I'm buying a brand new vehicle, I know depreciation is to come with it. I understand that everyone wants to minimize they're guaranteed margin of loss, but for me, I know if I like it, which I know I will, I'm going to be keeping it for quite some time. Given the price will drop quite a bit but it's not something I'm concerned about. If I was looking at it from that standpoint, I would wait 1 year after it comes out and then buy one used and save myself a little bit from that initial "hit"

·
Registered
420 Posts
i don't know about you guys but I try not to think about the depreciation, it's going to happen and it happens any time you buy a car, best thing to do is make sure you have your finances in order elsewhere. Whether I really like the car or not is what i'm focused on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless it is a F12 tdf, a car of any sort is literally the worst investment you can make and I get that. I guess my question was more, 'do you think there will be excessive depreciation' as compared to other high end cars. Dont get me wrong, im buying the thing regardless haha

·
Registered
161 Posts
I guess my question was more, 'do you think there will be excessive depreciation' as compared to other high end cars.
I can't think of any reason the Giulia should depreciate (excessive or not) any more than a comparable BMW, Audi, or Merc does, except perhaps because of the outdated and undeserved reputation, (at least not in recent history), that still haunts from the past, of Alfa's not being very well made and not reliable.
My 2014 Maserati GT (another FCA brand) has been a reliable and well made car for over 40k miles. I've been very please as I'm sure i will be with the Guilia as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts