Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Guila Ti Q4 and need to replace my Windows phone. Any input on which works best in the Guila -- iOS or Android. I was spoiled in my Ghibli with my Windows phone texts being announced and read. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
The infotainment update to .053 version will give text announcing and reading. Works on my iPhone. I dont doubt that it will work in an android. Strangely took a couple of days to start working and I have seen this noted by others with iPhones. One thing that wont work is the ability to send pre made text responses like “cant talk right now” with an iPhone. It will be interesting to know if android users have this functionality. Congrats on your purchase! Im 17000 miles in and still loving driving it every day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The infotainment update to .053 version will give text announcing and reading. Works on my iPhone. I dont doubt that it will work in an android. Strangely took a couple of days to start working and I have seen this noted by others with iPhones. One thing that wont work is the ability to send pre made text responses like “cant talk right now” with an iPhone. It will be interesting to know if android users have this functionality. Congrats on your purchase! Im 17000 miles in and still loving driving it every day.
Preset text replies work with my work android phone, but not with my personal IOS iPhone.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Many people, including myself are having issues with audio via USB with iPhone. As far as I am aware Android does not have such issues.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My experience is 2017 Giulia, 8.8 Navi, iPhone 6, updated software...

Phone, works fine

Bluetooth media streaming, works fine

USB media streaming, works fine

Anything else...text, reply, Siri, etc, nothing. AR has said iPhone issues are know and being worked with Apple, there is no fix date or even assurance of a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts