Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iPhone when first connected to the infotainment system automatically goes into REPEAT and SHUFFLE mode. It does not do this in any of my other cars. I have spoken to Alfa support and they have confirmed this is an Alfa Infotainment issue and not Apple. There is a software fix in the works with not ETA at this time.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
It’s funny, I use an iPod Touch, so essentially an iPhone without the phone, and I had never experienced this issue — until today!!!

Last Infotainment update was in April, and it worked fine after that (and before that), but I guess today since I was reading all the posts about the issue, the car decided I needed to experience it first hand.

Go figure.

·
Registered
190 Posts
In my experience, and YMMV, shuffle can be controlled via Alfa screen, and I’ve never had an issue with it defaulting back to shuffle if I’m trying to play an album or playlist from my iPhone 6 (Bluetooth and usb seem to behave the same way for me).

I have, however, had the issue where, for some reason, upon connecting to the Alfa, my iPhone will go into “Repeat 1” mode, where it’ll continue to play the same song over and over. This only seems to happen when trying to play (or pick up from previously playing) a specific album or playlist. I’ve found that setting the iPhone to “Repeat All” (so keeping repeat on, just not the “1 song” version), seems to solve this. I previously tried turning repeat off via iPhone but it would revert back to Repeat 1 on subsequent connection. Repeat All has more or less solved this for me.

Everything above describes my experience using Apple Music. That being said, after a period of time of not using Apple Music, a subsequent connection will result in shuffling ALL my Apple Music. I have yet to figure out if this is because I:
1: switched to a different audio source in the Alfa (e.g. FM radio)
2: used a different audio app (e.g. Pandora) on my iPhone when not connected to the Alfa
3: let a significant amount of time pass between connections (sorta like how the heated seats remember their settings during a short stop, but not during a long one, although I think the duration over which the Alfa picks up where I left off in Apple Music is much longer, which leads me to believe this is not a factor)
4: some combination of the above

Hope those data points help, but definitely give “Repeat All” a shot if you’re using Apple Music - might be the trick.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How do you set the phone to repeat all?

In Apple Music you should see what’s currently playing at the bottom. Swipe up on the currently playing song and you’ll see a lot more. The repeat button is on the right, and shows a tiny little “1” when it’s in Repeat 1 mode. Probably depends on what iOS version you’re on, but that’s been my experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.