Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I haven't seen this issue discussed so here goes. I can connect my iPhone 6 with no problems - blue tooth or usb cable both work. Phone calls? No problem. But I can't get the Giulia to play any more than one tune. I select a track to play, it plays and then repeats, over and over. It won't play an album or a play list, only a single track, unless the steering wheel controls are used to advance the track. My BMW could play my tracks in alphabetic order with no intervention required over a six hour car trip. I was expecting to do the same with the Alfa. Anyone else experience this? My Ti has the HK "premium" system.

I'm going to raise the issue with Alfa, maybe tomorrow, but wanted to know if I'm alone with this or if others have experienced it. Am I missing some settings that I could make on my own?

Best,

·
Registered
869 Posts
You have selected all tracks to play? It's not stuck on a playlist?

I listen to mine all the time with no issue. Only thing I've seen is the randomizer turns off when you restart the car

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello all,

I haven't seen this issue discussed so here goes. I can connect my iPhone 6 with no problems - blue tooth or usb cable both work. Phone calls? No problem. But I can't get the Giulia to play any more than one tune. I select a track to play, it plays and then repeats, over and over. It won't play an album or a play list, only a single track, unless the steering wheel controls are used to advance the track. My BMW could play my tracks in alphabetic order with no intervention required over a six hour car trip. I was expecting to do the same with the Alfa. Anyone else experience this? My Ti has the HK "premium" system.

I'm going to raise the issue with Alfa, maybe tomorrow, but wanted to know if I'm alone with this or if others have experienced it. Am I missing some settings that I could make on my own?

Best,
I had this same issue for a day or two. Then I figured it out.
The new iTunes software has some really weird repeat and shuffle settings one they get turned on they stay turned on until turned off. On your phone go to the screen that shows he current track playing (with the album art). then swipe up and you'll see a button for shuffle and repeat. Make sure both of those buttons are white and not red.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hello all,

Best,
I had this same issue for a day or two. Then I figured it out.
The new iTunes software has some really weird repeat and shuffle settings one they get turned on they stay turned on until turned off. On your phone go to the screen that shows he current track playing (with the album art). then swipe up and you'll see a button for shuffle and repeat. Make sure both of those buttons are white and not red.
Concur. For some reason the repeat single track gets selected playing the song repeatedly. Deselect that and the shuffle and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same issue here, but I’m using iPhone7 Plus, iOS11, and “pull” my music from a playlist in Apple Music. Any idea how I can get the car to play more than the first song on repeat?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Trying to listen to Pandora or my podcast the last two days and it will play for a few minutes and then the radio comes on instead and it says connect device on the screen. I;d hit ok and it wouldn't find my phone. I would check the screen and it shows my phone is disconnected for audio but not for the phone. I enable and connect for audio and for a few minutes everything is great then the radio comes on again. I had to keep reconnecting at least 5 times on a 30 minute drive. I'm about to take a multi day road trip in a month and really don't want to do this about 100 times each day. My software was just updated last week at the dealer and my iphone is a 8 plus running ios 11.3 with no updates available

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have a 2017 Giulia which has the same issue.

When we play music from iPhones connected either via usb or bluetooth the car sets the phone into repeat track mode. This happens every time the car system connects to the phone.

I did find some posts from people on this and other forums reporting the same issue, but have not seen a specific resolution.

Yesterday I took the car to our service center and demonstrated the issue. The service advisor was cooperative and did update the software to the 002.009.055 version (up from .043). But that did not fix it.

Here is a video showing the behavior:

My main concern is my mother fumbling with her phone while driving to turn off the repeat.

Has anyone else with the problem found a solution?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts