Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first connect my iPhone and start to play music the iPhone defaults to REPEAT song. I have to manually go to the iPhone and turn off the repeat function. When I shut the car off and leave the phone connected it does the same thing again, if it recognizes the iPhone was still connected. Sometimes I have to disconnect the iPhone and plug it then again to get it to connect. Then the music repeat function starts again.

This never happens except in the U connect in the Giulia. Anyone else experience this. It is not an iPhone issues or a 11.0 issue as it did it before.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why do you have it plugged in? Use bluetooth under Media player.

Also any issues are associated with your iPhone not the car. I have zero issues with my iPhone 7 and bluetooth. No cords.

You need to hit shuffle on your iPhone...that's controlled at the iPhone level not car. Again, zero issues for me.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Open the music app and scroll the screen, just below the bottom (until you roll it up) is a choice of shuffle or repeat. Your's is set to repeat, switch it to shuffle. This happened with an update about 1.10.1.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how to turn off the repeat function. My problem is every time I start the car the iPhone goes defaults to repeat again.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I fixed it as above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a bug in the uconnect software. I have exactly the same issue. My iPhone defaults to repeat function, not just when I plug it into the car, also does again on restart even if it was not disconnected. It has noting to do with Bluetooth. I never use Bluetooth for audio due to lack of high frequencies.

Apple says this is a vendor problem and has nothing to do with OS 11/x

Attention Alfa Care you need to get your engineers on this.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have an iPhone 7 running 11.1.2 and I don't have the problem you describe, I mainly listen to Pandora or Spotify. I do have a problem of no music description on the Alfa screen in Spotify on occasion which I think is iPhone induced due to newer updates.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you discussing cars with or without Apple Play/AndroidAuto?

Are you discussing cars with or without Apple Play/AndroidAuto?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have this problem in my both Giulia and in my Toyota Tundra if I turn the car off with it in the Bluetooth music input.

I looked on the Internet and it is a stupid iPhone issue that cannot be fixed now. The best I could do is to change the music to shuffle so at least a different song starts up each time. Stupid Apple.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Mine started doing this for the first time this weekend. I don't think I changed any settings, but every song was set to repeat. Not on my iphone. I had to manually click "next song" every time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was this ever resolved?

We have a 2017 Giulia and it does the same thing. I would be happy to take it to the dealer and do an update on the infotainment software if there is one, but would also like to know if anyone else has had luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our Alfa service center was very cooperative and willing to update the software to the .055 version, but that did not change the behavior.

Here is a video I made showing the issue.

If anyone has found a resolution, I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2017 Giulia. It only does it when the iphone is connected via USB and not when connecting via bluetooth.

Anyone have a solution to this. It's really infuriating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts