Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have updated my iPhone to the newest iOS 11. After the update the infotainment (8.8” Alfa Connect with HK) stopped properly working with the phone. Buttons on the steering wheel did not change tracks, song titles did not show up on the screen, muting did not cause Spotify to pause (it kept playing with no sound), and each change from Radio to Media in the infotainment caused Apple Music to start playing, regardless of what I was listening to before (Spotify, Audible, podcasts...). Needless to say it got quite annoying.

After a few hours of getting annoyed, I figured out the solution. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The phone rebooted and magically started working with the Infotainment properly.
Reboot alone, even the hard reset, without resetting the network settings, did not help.
The disadvantage is that all Wi-Fi passwords need to be reentered.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Alternate solution might be simply deleting the phone from the Bluetooth list and reconnecting it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Tried it — didn’t help. It’s always best to start with the simplest solutions, maybe in some cases it would work...
Good to know, because that is Alfa's first question if have have an issue with an iPhome.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Funny, I had no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have updated my iPhone to the newest iOS 11. After the update the infotainment (8.8” Alfa Connect with HK) stopped properly working with the phone. Buttons on the steering wheel did not change tracks, song titles did not show up on the screen, muting did not cause Spotify to pause (it kept playing with no sound), and each change from Radio to Media in the infotainment caused Apple Music to start playing, regardless of what I was listening to before (Spotify, Audible, podcasts...). Needless to say it got quite annoying.

After a few hours of getting annoyed, I figured out the solution. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The phone rebooted and magically started working with the Infotainment properly.
Reboot alone, even the hard reset, without resetting the network settings, did not help.

Hope it helps.

That's the info. Just noticed this morning that I'm having the same issue. I tried to reset network settings option but wouldn't do it because I was driving at the time. I'll try it tonight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's the info. Just noticed this morning that I'm having the same issue. I tried to reset network settings option but wouldn't do it because I was driving at the time. I'll try it tonight.
Hello everyone,

Hope it helps.
Did this last night and fixed the problem, back to you normal with Bluetooth. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

Hope it helps.
After I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11, it has been impossible to play music (Spotify) from it. I use the Blue&Me USB Adapter in my 2010 MiTo. However, after resetting the network settings and deleting Blue&Me from the Bluetooth list (and then pairing it with the car), the problem was solved! Not sure if it was the network or the Bluetooth settings that did it.

Thank you so much for your help :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts