Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know what dealers purchase the Quadrifoglio from Alfa for? How much profit do they make if they sell a Quad at MSRP?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Anyone here know what dealers purchase the Quadrifoglio from Alfa for? How much profit do they make if they sell a Quad at MSRP?

https://www.costcoauto.com/

You can build your spec (either 2017 or 2018) and see Invoice and MSRP for regular Giulia and Quad.

They're making plenty at MSRP. Because I'm depressed waiting for my custom order Ti to arrive, I've spent quite a bit of time the past few days just browsing dealer websites looking at their inventories to see if anyone has anything close to what I ordered in stock. I'm surprised at some of the advertised discounts I'm seeing. Strongsville Alfa (OH) is offering $6k+ off of the Quads they have in stock and $7000+ off of most of the Giulias they have in stock.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm seeing. Strongsville Alfa (OH) is offering $6k+ off of the Quads they have in stock and $7000+ off of most of the Giulias they have in stock.
Wow.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

You can build your spec (either 2017 or 2018) and see Invoice and MSRP for regular Giulia and Quad.

They're making plenty at MSRP. Because I'm depressed waiting for my custom order Ti to arrive, I've spent quite a bit of time the past few days just browing dealer websites looking at their inventories to see if anyone has anything close to what I ordered in stock. I'm surprised at some of the advertised discounts I'm seeing. Strongsville Alfa (OH) is offering $6k+ off of the Quads they have in stock and $7000+ off of most of the Giulias they have in stock.
So I'm guessing the dealership makes about $8k if they sell a Quad for MSRP?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
As far as I know the markup is 6.5%....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

They're making plenty at MSRP. Because I'm depressed waiting for my custom order Ti to arrive, I've spent quite a bit of time the past few days just browsing dealer websites looking at their inventories to see if anyone has anything close to what I ordered in stock. I'm surprised at some of the advertised discounts I'm seeing. Strongsville Alfa (OH) is offering $6k+ off of the Quads they have in stock and $7000+ off of most of the Giulias they have in stock.
I looked up what you said and wow that's a good price!

I think the reason they aren't selling is because they're both weird specs imo. The Grey one has the carbon brakes but no carbon steering wheel or sparco race seats? The white one is nice but I would have like to have seen some colored stitching to make it pop more.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Wow is right. And I agree about the weird specs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Strongsville Ohio offer is a bait and switch. When I checked on two models on their website they claimed not to have them. So I asked for the 7K off on one they did have in stock and they said that it doesn't apply to the "one" I asked about. Note that all were loaded Giulia's of similar spec.
Recommend caution as my experience was a bit shaky with them so I moved on.
John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Strongsville Ohio offer is a bait and switch. When I checked on two models on their website they claimed not to have them. So I asked for the 7K off on one they did have in stock and they said that it doesn't apply to the "one" I asked about. Note that all were loaded Giulia's of similar spec.
Recommend caution as my experience was a bit shaky with them so I moved on.
John
Thanks for the info!!! I actually already ordered my Quad over a month ago, I'm just curious how much the dealerships make on them.

I hear people saying that dealerships don't make much money off of new car sales and with used car sales in this price range they usually give you about $4k-$5k less than retail for your car. But then when I was looking at getting an Audi RS3 which is about $10k cheaper than the Quad with the options I picked, I was able to negotiate $4k off MSRP. For the Quad I'm paying sticker...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Paying sticker

I ordered my Quad back in Feb and similarly paid sticker but I got it built to my specs ! I think that's a big plus....the RS 3 ultimately will be ...maybe not a dime a dozen (because it's RS) but let's say, in comparison to the Quad, a nickle a dozen....you're paying for the rarity of the car....Worth every penny....D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered my Quad back in Feb and similarly paid sticker but I got it built to my specs ! I think that's a big plus....the RS 3 ultimately will be ...maybe not a dime a dozen (because it's RS) but let's say, in comparison to the Quad, a nickle a dozen....you're paying for the rarity of the car....Worth every penny....D
Absolutely! The RS3 is actually faster from 0-60 than the Quad, but when I drove it, it felt like I was driving any other Audi until mashed the throttle. It was cool, but after the test drive I didn't look back and think "Man, I wanna drive it home.".

The next day, I went to drive the Quadrifoglio and the sales man took me to a back road and put it in race mode and told me to mash the throttle... my face lit up with joy. After that it was a no brainer which one to buy.

I heard this saying somewhere and it went something like "if you don't turn to look at your car after you parked it, you bought the wrong car."

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not sure if it's the same for base and Ti, but if you order your car, your name will appear on the window sticker...."Specially built for ..................."
Top right side of the sticker....D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've learned to never believe an advertised price from a car dealer on their website. Those things are lead generators.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The RS3 is geriatric in looks, and cost saround $70k nicely optioned. It's a great sports sedan but doesn't ignite the spark like any Giulia does.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely! The RS3 is actually faster from 0-60 than the Quad,...
No it ain't. According to all the reviews and tests, the RS3 gets to 60mph in 4.00 or 4.1. Quad is about 3.8.
Where did you see that? The 2018 RS3 "officially" does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds but Audi is known to be pessimistic with their 0-60 times and reviewers have been getting 3.6 consistently.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Where did you see that? The 2018 RS3 "officially" does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds but Audi is known to be pessimistic with their 0-60 times and reviewers have been getting 3.6 consistently.
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2018-audi-rs3-sedan-ar163759.html

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/audi/s3/2017/2017-audi-rs-3-first-drive-review/

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3/performance

Looks like no one knows for sure....But doesn't seem to be "faster than a Quad"....D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Absolutely! The RS3 is actually faster from 0-60 than the Quad,...
No it ain't. According to all the reviews and tests, the RS3 gets to 60mph in 4.00 or 4.1. Quad is about 3.8.
All over the place:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.automobilemag.com/news/13-things-didnt-know-2018-audi-rs3/amp/

From Audi USA: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3/performance
They claim 3.9 and the Quad does 3.9 to 100kph which equates to 3.8 to 60.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/21/2018-audi-rs3-sedan-first-drive-review/

Anyway, we are splitting hairs. They are both extremely fast cars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm. I guess I must have been thinking bout the TT RS which has the same engine as the RS3. In that case the Quad is the fastest car I've driven :D

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
That's me

I heard this saying somewhere and it went something like "if you don't turn to look at your car after you parked it, you bought the wrong car."
Not only do I turn back to look at my Giulia after parking it. Sometimes I walk out onto my porch at night just to see it in the moonlight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts