Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed an interesting trend on my last four fill-ups. The mileage is slowly improving. This is after installing the Eurocompulsion V2 intake and installing lighter wheels. It seems the car is slowly learning the change in conditions. Here are my last four fill-ups:

Nov 13, 2017 - 23.12 mpg
Dec 3, 2017 - 23.22 mpg
Dec 19, 2017 - 23.32 mpg
Jan 5, 2018 - 23.56 mpg

I'm calculating the mpg by dividing the odometer mileage, by the number of gallons it takes to fill it up. I usually fill up when it gets down to the 1/4 tank mark.

There's been a change in the weather with much colder temps for winter of course, and this last week I finally switched to my heavier winter set (factory wheels with Blizzak WS 80 tires) so it's hard to say what effect any of that may have had on the mileage. I haven't changed my driving style or routine at all; same old same old. I'm using the same grade gas (91 octane) from the same Chevron station for each tank, so I've tried to keep everything as consistent as possible. The increase isn't huge or anything, but I find it encouraging to see the steady incremental improvement.

I just turned 2,000 miles and the car is running better than ever. I've driven it on snow, on ice, in rain, and in temps down in the single digits. Nothing seems to faze or upset it. The front and side window defroster works in seconds. The steering wheel is already starting to warm up before I even pull out of my driveway. The seat heaters work fast and are the greatest thing since sliced bread in the winter. My only wish is that the rear window defroster worked as fast as the fronts.

I keep thinking I'll get used to this, but this car just keeps impressing me the longer I own and drive it. No matter who makes it, this car is phenomenal. The fact that it's also an Alfa, makes it even better, and I feel like I'm driving a new legendary model. What an incredible work of automotive wizardry and artistry!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts