Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ok, I'll bite. Maybe - is my answer. The most recent comp is the E39 M5 which interestingly is close dimension-wise to this car (~3 inches longer, same wheelbase, within 1.5 inches track, width and height) if I remember right. However, as opposed to when the E39 M5 was announced with Madonna thrashed in the back and Sabine lapping the Nurburgring, this car is close performance-wise to so many other cars. In 1999-2000 the M5 was laying ground only supercars were hitting. Then, people were shelling out $75K and storing the car, not even driving it. Five to 8 years later cars were coming out of the woodwork with 600 miles on the odometer. I don't think people are doing that with the QV.
As far as 30-50 years out value is anyone's guess. I would say only 3-4 modern production cars have gone up in value within 10 years. The 3 I can easily recount are the aircooled 993s (especially Turbos), the BMW Z8, and the Ford GT. The latter two have doubled.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Interesting but it might be to early to say. The car has the right stuff but 20-30 years from now things could be completely different I’d say it has as good a chance as any maybe better in some respects but I’m gonna drive mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My brother seems convinced two door cars are always more collectible than four. I'm not sure on the QV, but I think super clean examples of cars like the 2004-2006 Subaru STi and Mitsubishi Evolution from 2003-2008 will be valued high decades from now just as the nice muscle cars are today. The millenials growing up on Gran Turismo and Fast and the Furious will want that piece of their childhood or adolescence the same way. Obviously an R34 GTR or Subaru 22B will be on another level, but I think these are the muscle cars of their day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My brother seems convinced two door cars are always more collectible than four. I'm not sure on the QV, but I think super clean examples of cars like the 2004-2006 Subaru STi and Mitsubishi Evolution from 2003-2008 will be valued high decades from now just as the nice muscle cars are today. The millenials growing up on Gran Turismo and Fast and the Furious will want that piece of their childhood or adolescence the same way. Obviously an R34 GTR or Subaru 22B will be on another level, but I think these are the muscle cars of their day.
Millennials??? You’ve got to be kidding. Pristine 2007 iPhone & PlayStation will be collectible. Forget about cars.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Ok, I'll bite. Maybe - is my answer. The most recent comp is the E39 M5 which interestingly is close dimension-wise to this car (~3 inches longer, same wheelbase, within 1.5 inches track, width and height) if I remember right. However, as opposed to when the E39 M5 was announced with Madonna thrashed in the back and Sabine lapping the Nurburgring, this car is close performance-wise to so many other cars. In 1999-2000 the M5 was laying ground only supercars were hitting. Then, people were shelling out $75K and storing the car, not even driving it. Five to 8 years later cars were coming out of the woodwork with 600 miles on the odometer. I don't think people are doing that with the QV.
As far as 30-50 years out value is anyone's guess. I would say only 3-4 modern production cars have gone up in value within 10 years. The 3 I can easily recount are the aircooled 993s (especially Turbos), the BMW Z8, and the Ford GT. The latter two have doubled.
In 30/50 years I will be dust, and my kids should be retired:grin2: so IF I keep them my QV & E39 will be theirs to sell.....
I did not buy either thinking even remotely that they will be collectible...they(Haggerty) may be right or not..time will judge...till then I am driving them as much as possible:wink2:

·
Registered
735 Posts
People, if are looking for an investment, put your $75K in a low fees S&P 500 indexed fund. It will be worth $1.5M inflation ADJUSTED in 50 years considering that the last 50 years the market gained 7.59% on average on a annual basis.

If you want to know how much that would be non considering inflation... the crazy number is mind bending at a staggering $11.6M!

As for the QV, buy it and enjoying it driving like it was stollen and forget about it becoming a collectible car. It won't. But please don't track like BostonDMD so that at least will retain some trade-in value ;)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don’t think BostonDMD does anything that the QV doesn’t like on the track. Now tires and brake pads.... he really really seems to despise and take pleasure in trashing those two f#*?^%! things...:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
People, if are looking for an investment, put your $75K in a low fees S&P 500 indexed fund. It will be worth $1.5M inflation ADJUSTED in 50 years considering that the last 50 years the market gained 7.59% on average on a annual basis.

If you want to know how much that would be non considering inflation... the crazy number is mind bending at a staggering $11.6M!

As for the QV, buy it and enjoying it driving like it was stollen and forget about it becoming a collectible car. It won't. But please don't track like BostonDMD so that at least will retain some trade-in value ;)
I don’t think BostonDMD does anything that the QV doesn’t like on the track. Now tires and brake pads.... he really really seems to despise and take pleasure in trashing those two f#*?^%! things...:grin2:
Gentlemen, I have also been advised that the front rotors need replacement due to warping while reaching extremely high temps......

I told them that while they are at it to balance the wheels and align the her......:crying::crying:

My loaner is a Giulia Q4 ti and I am driving her like grandma.......0:)

The QV is the equivalent of a supermodel, some guys are fine just holding hands, I prefer to drive her hard...... regardless of what the value will be in 50 years.......>:)

Reactions: inikkor and MDriver
1 - 10 of 10 Posts