Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have had my Alfa Giulia Veloce for about 18 months. Overall, very happy with it.
The above fault code together with "STOP START UNAVAILABLE" comes on after I activate Auto High beams.
Apparently body module is sensing a high or low voltage.
Using my OBD Multiscan reader there is also a Fault Code B1632-13 "Left High Beam Light-Open Circuit"
I am convinced its the High Beam that is triggering this alternator fault.
After clearing the codes I can travel trouble free with stop/start working for days until I turn on auto hi beam then the Stop/ Start warning comes on and latches on regardless of hi beams working or not.
Anybody out there know anything about this system? I want to report to the dealer accurately because they will just clear the codes and problem will resurface.
Thanks
Sebastian

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,276 Posts
Shouldn't your dealer clear the codes but then address the issue of the codes?

I haven't faced your issue, but perhaps someone on the forum has. I think you have it narrowed down that auto hi beams triggers it.

When I got a CEL before, I used the obdii to get the code and I gave it to the dealer over the phone so they could investigate before I brought it in. Then they were able to fix it.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. My previous trip to the dealer resulted in them clearing the codes and saying there is "no current fault" so nothing to fix. I will be more forceful next time. I don't think they will do any troubleshooting by me giving them the codes over the phone. They will want the car first. You know, they think you don't know what your talking about. I did not tell them I cleared the codes myself but at least there is a record of the problem on their data base in case I need a fix after warranty expires.
Thanks again for your advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Here is an update. Auto High beam Fault progressed to the Left High Beam not working at all. Dealer says the whole LH Light ASSY requires replacement. I need to take it back another day for the fix. And yes they confirmed Auto Hi Beam Fault was triggering Auto Start Stop Unavailable. Intelligent Altenator System talks to everything.
Thanks
Sebastian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Is the problem solved?
My brother his giulia qv has the same fault, he told me the high beam left wasnt working, so i looked in the body ecu.
Fault code of alternator like you and high beam, i could clear them with running engine, but when i put on high beam left isnt working and both fault codes come back.
I ordered a new d3s light but maybe there is another problem,
Thats why i want to know if you have solved it now.
This car is from 2017 and only 38000 km.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Is the problem solved?
My brother his giulia qv has the same fault, he told me the high beam left wasnt working, so i looked in the body ecu.
Fault code of alternator like you and high beam, i could clear them with running engine, but when i put on high beam left isnt working and both fault codes come back.
I ordered a new d3s light but maybe there is another problem,
Thats why i want to know if you have solved it now.
This car is from 2017 and only 38000 km.
And not in warranty anymore

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm another Giulia user with this problem. Everything's fine until I turn high beam on. It causes a sudden voltage drop in the installation. Then start and stop unavailable message is displayed. Can anyone solve this problem?

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
121 Posts
Hello Tomasz,

I have removed the headlight left front completely, and found that there was 1 wire broken, or came loose that's inside, I soldered it again, and after that the high beam was working again, also no alternator problem anymore, problems where solved with this.

Hopefully it will help you
I have the same, how much work was this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.