Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So way back when there weren't any of these cars on the road in the US, no insurance company could even give you a quote without a VIN. I had spoke to a dealer about getting any VIN so I can call the insurance and get a ball park estimate on what coverage would be. I asked the insurance agency I had at the time, how much would it cost if I have the same coverage on my Honda, put on the Giulia QV. They shocked me when they said it would 19$ less. Reason being is my 2005 Honda didnt have all the safety features, like the autonomous breaking, blind spot monitoring or lane departure, or all those little bells and whistles the new cars come with.

I know prices will vary from state to state, but just curious if anyone would care to disclose what they are paying for insurance. Im in Texas, so not sure how that fares with pricing up north.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm in AL and my insurance is approx $1200 a year, $1000.00 deductable

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems pretty reasonable for full coverage on a car like this.. pretty much 100$ a month... Would you care to disclose who your insurance company is tadslc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I got a quote from my broker here for a Quad coming in the next month or so (knock on wood). I'm currently driving a 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 with some pretty hefty coverage and low deductibles. Brand new, it's about a $40k car with the options that I have on it, and I'm currently paying about $450 every 6 months for the Mustang. My broker gave me a quote on the Quad that the cost would be about $550 every 6 months. So not a big step up, and certainly a lot less than I was expecting based on the cost for the Quad, all of the exotic features that it has, and how expensive some of those pieces could be to replace.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got some multi-car discounts and my townhouse under the same company so my QV is just over $600 w/ $500 Comprehensive. I'm probably older than you guys too.....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Full disclosure
State Auto is my insurance company-
Have 5 cars and my house with them
Haven't had a wreck in 30+ years
Haven't had a ticket in 20+ years (My guess is that won't last long)
60 years of age.

But it sounds like most everyone is paying approx the same. Makes sense, kinda

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also greatly depends how clean your driver's abstract (history) is. One small cell phone violation could be as bad as a DUI in the eyes of an insurance company. Especially if you're under 30 with a history of going from job to job.

The perfect driver would be someone who is 35-60, married, has a steady job, with no claims or tickets, and lives in a state with naturally low insurance costs.

Now take a wealthy youngster who doesn't work and convinced his parents to let him lease or buy a quadrifoglio while not going under his parents insurance with a history of speeding tickets and a wrecked car or 2..the insurance would be astronomical or simply wouldn't provide the coverage.

It's obviously best to not file any claims and do your best to convince any police officer to be nice as the insurance for any 1st run car will be naturally higher.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Maybe better to think of how it compares to other cars for the same driver and location. For example, my quote from USAA for the Quadrifoglio we may never get is almost exactly the same as our 2016 BMW 328 wagon for comparison. Less than our 2017 911 GTS, more than our 2016 Miata. Obviously way less than my F430.

So kind of middle of the pack really. This is in Virginia.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
wow! I live in Miami, Florida and there is A LOT of insurance fraud with PIP coverage. I pay $200.00 a month for insurance on my Giulia TI. I just laugh in amazement reading some of your yearly/6 months quote figures! my goodness!

Miami is a very expensive city to live in unfortunately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was finally hit up by my dealer and was told my VIN should be coming in this month! so should only be a few months till Im a fully initiated member of the Alfa family... Im waiting to get that VIN and take it back to my new carrier to see what those numbers look like.. Thanks guys for the responses.. kinda surprised this topic never came up :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
wow! I live in Miami, Florida and there is A LOT of insurance fraud with PIP coverage. I pay $200.00 a month for insurance on my Giulia TI. I just laugh in amazement reading some of your yearly/6 months quote figures! my goodness!

Miami is a very expensive city to live in unfortunately.
Yeah, risk varies so much by the driver and his/her location. Those two variables matter much more than the car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know prices will vary from state to state, but just curious if anyone would care to disclose what they are paying for insurance. Im in Texas, so not sure how that fares with pricing up north.
I'm in northern California, and I don't have my Qdrfl yet, nor a VIN, but my insurance agent was able to give me a quote based upon its MSRP. He said it would be about $1255/yr, so a little over $100/month. Not too bad, I suppose.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I insured my Giulia through Geico they did not know anything about the car...took them a while to come up with a rate. Finally, they hit me about 90.00 a month on full coverage for the Giulia (my other car is a 2016 MDX).

Geico beat USAA's rates so that is who I am using for insurance right now on my cars.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Liberty Mutual~~NY
Have 7 cars & House policy bundled together...
the Quad is 1040/year with $500 ded. 500k-1mil liability

Needless to say I was shocked at how reasonable it was...wife's 340Xi M-Sport is $1540 per year!

Clean record 1 accident (son)..not that HE WAS an accident..:p he had the accident

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Just got a quote from Progressive last night. It was cheaper to bundle with my Miata it seemed, than on it's own. But I have my condo and Miata under Travelers so I need to call them next week and check a bundle with them. Overall, living inside the beltway in Boston means higher rates. I had one stop sign ticket a couple years back and I wonder if the accident last year when the kid hit ME, it may cause some more risk. I93 goes through town, 95/128 is the beltway. So our rates are higher like Miami. I'll be 51 next month and I'm widowed. Progressive came in pretty high at about $300 a month with comprehensive and generous property/injury coverage about 100K each. I was able to bundle with the Miata and reduce some of the coverage, increase the deductible, and came in lower around $270. The online site had and entry for 2017 Giulias, 4cyl and 6cyl. I entered 5000-7500mi/yr.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi, old thread but hoping to get current feedback/insight on insurance rates. New '18 Quad owner in NorCal, payin ~$3200/yr through Allstate! Use them for several cars and properties, no tix or accidents either. I just ran online quotes for Geico and USAA and got similar rates there too. Current coverage: liability= 250k/500k for bodily and 200k for property & collision and comprehensive ($500 deductibles each), both are required since i financed a small bit of the car. Not direct comparisons but my wife has 2 co-workers with brand new, top-end Teslas and they pay ~$1200/yr. Any thoughts/suggestions, not quite sure why it's so much higher than the rates mentioned here? Thanks...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in northern California, and I don't have my Qdrfl yet, nor a VIN, but my insurance agent was able to give me a quote based upon its MSRP. He said it would be about $1255/yr, so a little over $100/month. Not too bad, I suppose.
Definitely not bad. Mine is $1119/yr, comprehensive, $1K deductible...Geico

EDIT:

Includes 100K/300K bodily injury liability, 50K property damage liability, 100K/300K uninsured motorist, comprehensive, collision, emergency roadside assistance, rental reimbursement

·
Registered
36 Posts
Paying $799 every 6 Months on my Giulia Sport (Non Quad) 100,000/300,000 coverage with $1000 Deductable with Mercury.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts