Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I insured my new 2017 QV today, and I was really pleasantly surprised. For a luxury performance car, I was expecting big $$$$. I have good credit, clean driving history, am an experienced driver (IE old) and have multiple cars insured, so all that works in my favor. But my premium was apx $500 for 6 months. That's only $200 more than my 15 year old Mercury Sedan. The funny part was the insurance agent had never even heard of a Quadrifoglio, and was as surprised as me at the premium. She said for a fancy sounding Italian car she expected twice that amount. What's been your experience?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I insured my new 2017 QV today, and I was really pleasantly surprised. For a luxury performance car, I was expecting big $$$$. I have good credit, clean driving history, am an experienced driver (IE old) and have multiple cars insured, so all that works in my favor. But my premium was apx $500 for 6 months. That's only $200 more than my 15 year old Mercury Sedan. The funny part was the insurance agent had never even heard of a Quadrifoglio, and was as surprised as me at the premium. She said for a fancy sounding Italian car she expected twice that amount. What's been your experience?
In Houston? You don't want to know.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Houston? You don't want to know.
While Houston might be high overall, was the QV significantly higher than any other vehicle you have/had in Houston?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Arizona is one of the Highest Insurance Rates

Arizona is horrible so is Utah. I don't know maybe it is because the norm is the posted speed plus 10 plus the sun has fried our common sense. In any case we had a spare car we inherited from my mom Hold on tight here guys.......2001 Ford Focus Wagon...45,000 miles. It was just our extra and we were going to let it run its course until......here comes AR...Here comes Giulia Ti Sport. Our rates were quoted 400 for the Giulia (Annual increase) and $800 for the QV. So $400 every six months but that was adding collision on a brand new QV with the previous being a liability only Ford Focus. So hard to compare but I will say we were also Quite surprised. That was one of the first things we checked. Same on driving record (i really hope we can keep it that way). We did get a little jack knife on the F350 two weeks ago. Of course we are not filing a claim. Paying cash for that. You want to save the claim for the big one and hope it doesn't happen and it is also of course not your fault. But you don't want an accident

FYI: I was going to sell my Mini Cooper to get my Ti Sport. My husband liked the focus because you park anywhere and he could load stuff in that and the Diesel you don't want to use as a short daily. So he wanted a QV. Okay I had to put my foot down. I wanted the Ti Sport. The compromise was......he gets rid of the Focus and I get to keep the Mini. I make sacrifices here. So we get the QV and now he drives the MINI as a daily and I cruise in the QV. I think that I was a real sport don't you think?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mine is $618 / 6mo using Nationwide which seemed high to me. No accidents, experienced driver, multi-car + home. What insurance do you use?

·
Registered
206 Posts
While Houston might be high overall, was the QV significantly higher than any other vehicle you have/had in Houston?
I'm new to the city so I am not best placed to answer that. I was quite shocked though compared to the last two cities I have lived in (Dubai, UAE and DC), neither of which are cheap in their own right.

I'm told this is specifically a Houston issue, not the state as a whole and probably not so much dependent on the car.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Mine is $618 / 6mo using Nationwide which seemed high to me. No accidents, experienced driver, multi-car + home. What insurance do you use?
USAA. Female listed as primary dropped the coverage rate listed if there are two drivers. This was a killer because my husband has never gotten a ticket in his entire life. Me not the case. But I read that somewhere or saw it in my google searches and called. Sure enough dropped it a little like 40 or 50 a premium every six months.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
Hello from Michigan. :mad:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine is through state farm.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't get insurance in Canada... specifically the provinces with monopolized government insurance providers. BC's system is based on a base rate that either has a premium or discount applied depending on your driving history. Base rate for my Base Q4 Giulia is over $4k/yr... and the maximum discount you can ever get is 42% (no at-fault accidents for at least 10 years), so best case scenario you're looking at about $2500/yr to insure a Giulia here.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Don't get insurance in Canada... specifically the provinces with monopolized government insurance providers. BC's system is based on a base rate that either has a premium or discount applied depending on your driving history. Base rate for my Base Q4 Giulia is over $4k/yr... and the maximum discount you can ever get is 42% (no at-fault accidents for at least 10 years), so best case scenario you're looking at about $2500/yr to insure a Giulia here.
Okee dokee. No insurance complaints out of Arizona on that one. Wow. And I love Canada. I love CA too. Now I know why you Canadians are taking over all of Arizona's real estate all winter here.:smile2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
Why is Michigan so bad? There is a lot of snow states with Collisions. So Chipshot.....What makes you so special?:smile2: That your state wins the highest reward:smile2:
Primarily our no-fault and unlimited medical benefits.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/2...tion-ohio-car-insurance-has-issues/420520002/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...an-auto-fee-rising-per-vehicle-july/33395625/

"Michigan is the only state to require unlimited lifetime coverage for medical expenses resulting from car crashes – typically for brain, spinal cord, neck and back injuries. It also allows health providers to bill car insurers much more for care than health insurers pay."

·
Registered
386 Posts
When I called up and got the insurance started I just gave them the VIN. I get the impression they dont have any differentiation in their system yet for QV vs other Giulias

·
Registered
423 Posts
When I called up and got the insurance started I just gave them the VIN. I get the impression they dont have any differentiation in their system yet for QV vs other Giulias
Might be the case.

I think I was quoted low as well for my 2003 Evo way back when...just another plebian Lancer.

·
Registered
399 Posts
USAA. Female listed as primary dropped the coverage rate listed if there are two drivers. This was a killer because my husband has never gotten a ticket in his entire life. Me not the case. But I read that somewhere or saw it in my google searches and called. Sure enough dropped it a little like 40 or 50 a premium every six months.

Thanks

Have to try that I have USAA myself.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just got a quote for my potentially '18 QV for $1760/year , full coverage, 2 tickets on record. Thats in Cdn$ also, located in Ontario and with Belair Direct. It took the guy a while to figure it out as he never had to look up an Alfa before, said it wasnt on his drop down menu lol but once i gave him the VIN# then it came up which was weird i guess?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
$440/6mo (base Giulia, single car, early 30s). I have comprehensive since it's a lease.

This is the cheapest I could find after checking 10+ insurances online, my previous plan was $670 with State Farm and everything else over a thousand for 6 months.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts