Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with the light gray text that is used in the center display. It is barely readable in normal conditions, much less under day light.

Is mine normal? Do they all look like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You know it could be because it would be too many bright white lights. The items in grey are not really critical to one glance. If it is 12:30 you should probably know AM or PM (if not we are all in trouble..just kidding) and Temp. The N for North looks brighter but not as bright. I really never noticed. Now I will notice every time I drive. :eek:)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It's a nice touch, cause it keeps the focus on what matters while you don't need to read the F of Fahrenheit every single time to know what it means.
That said, I have no trouble reading them all. Mind that if you turn the headlights on, the cluster gets dimmed for night mode.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
What is up with the light gray text that is used in the center display. It is barely readable in normal conditions, much less under day light.

Is mine normal? Do they all look like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine looks the same even with brightness turned all the way up. I changed my settings to the 24hr clock just in case I couldn’t guess AM vs PM. Even though I lived in Europe for 7 years and am an engineer by degree, I still think Fahrenheit, so that’s not an issue. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's how it is, secondary/more static information is toned down. I like it that way, but maybe 'cause I have no problem reading it.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
691 Posts
Normal....most if not all are related to units also which are changeable from English to metric or 12/24 hour so maybe something to do with it also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts