Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Potential buyer here again with another question...can you configure the instrument cluster display between the tach and speedo to show a larger current gear status than the little one at the top? Ideally there would be a mode that shows large font speed and large font current gear...wait for it...like on the HUD in my M4 (pic attached for those unfamiliar). I know, sorry...

Feedback appreciated though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,982 Posts
Not that I'm aware of in any mode other than race and you have to be manual for that

·
Registered
20 Posts
Correct, I believe it only occurs in race mode. That said, I really like the progressive yellow block lines that appear are you reach the rev. limiter on race mode.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice HUD pic I’m good with my Q.V. the way it is, if that’s a deal breaker then you might want to rethink this one.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Speaking of race mode...my speedo digits disappear in race mode. Is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Yes. The center display converts into a gear display and shift light. Wind it up to 6-7k RPM and the shift display will let you know when to upshift into the next gear.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks....yes I knew how the shift lights work but just thought it a little odd the speed disappeared...plenty of real estate to keep it.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,287 Posts
Hi all,

Potential buyer here again with another question...can you configure the instrument cluster display between the tach and speedo to show a larger current gear status than the little one at the top? Ideally there would be a mode that shows large font speed and large font current gear...wait for it...like on the HUD in my M4 (pic attached for those unfamiliar). I know, sorry...

Feedback appreciated though.

M4 does this, but then you are stuck with an M4

dont be sorry,

feedback happily provided

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks....yes I knew how the shift lights work but just thought it a little odd the speed disappeared...plenty of real estate to keep it.
You'd think Alfa would have figured that too. Seems like a dumb oversight.

Also, seems like you should be able to get a large gear/speed display in other than Race mode...same as the open exhaust sound in other than Race mode. All oversights that will probably annoy me if I pick one up. Still undecided...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don’t know my steptronic Mini doesn’t show it any differently. I know how can I compare the two but it does have a sorta manual mode and you have to know your gears by the tach alone since the speedo is in the center of the car. I am thinking you can judge your speed the same and chances are you are probably over the limit anyway it is a matter of how much :eek:)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yes. The center display converts into a gear display and shift light. Wind it up to 6-7k RPM and the shift display will let you know when to upshift into the next gear.

Does this stem from the racing roots? It would seem that if you know your car and how fast you can go in each gear and if you are at the top of each gear level and it is reving you should be able to tell pretty close how fast you are going. I will say it is amazing how 3 digits is nothing. Personally I use the limiter warning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts