Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the paddle shifters and ACC button panel myself today!

Pretty proud of myself that i managed and dared to do this myself haha. I am an system engineer not a mechanic haha! Now waiting for the obd cables to arrive and then enable the features with MES! Someone knows exactly how to enable the paddle shifters for a diesel car? (2.2JTD) and do i need to enable ACC+ or just acc? I've read on other topic ACC+..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you need the camera and radar for both of these functions.

·
Registered
AR Giulia 280 HP RWD
1 Posts
Can you make a video or take more pictures for how you enable acc? Because i also thinking about adding acc and lane keeping :) i have camera, radar and already installed lane keeping button

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
51 Posts
This one is missie acc button... not all cars have radar, camera, acc button.
Yeah, break your windshield and you'll find out real fast if you have the camera suite because it's $2300+ if you do, and $1300 if you don't.

Sorry, I can't see any way that Alfa Romeo would be shipping out cars with that hardware installed without getting the money up front first.

It's hard to tell because the picture is blurry, but I think what the OP is seeing in that ad is the rain sensor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, break your windshield and you'll find out real fast if you have the camera suite because it's $2300+ if you do, and $1300 if you don't.

Sorry, I can't see any way that Alfa Romeo would be shipping out cars with that hardware installed without getting the money up front first.

It's hard to tell because the picture is blurry, but I think what the OP is seeing in that ad is the rain sensor.
Wow! What picture do you mean?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow! What picture do you mean?
The head on shot, the cameras are located in the cluster in front of the rear view mirror.

I could be mistaken, as I can't find a decent high res pic on google to make my case; and it's in NSW and my experience is the US, so things could be different in that market.

The windshield that is specced with ACC+ is also different, it has an infrared coating, which is part of the higher cost.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i had fcw already so i have the camera and radar. For acc you need the button on the steering wheel and then activate. If i get the time i will try to make a good picture for you of the camera.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you make a video or take more pictures for how you enable acc? Because i also thinking about adding acc and lane keeping :) i have camera, radar and already installed lane keeping button

Activated everything today with succes!!! So happy right now!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Activated everything today with succes!!! So happy right now!
Awesome, Could you take a photo from the front of the car so I could get a view of the RearView Mirror to see what that setup looks like to compare to mine. Thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, Could you take a photo from the front of the car so I could get a view of the RearView Mirror to see what that setup looks like to compare to mine. Thank you.
You will need the radar in the grill

And the camera there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts