Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first impression with the new tires is how much smoother and comfortable the ride is with them. Got the staggered set up 225-40-19 front 255-35-19 rear. Haven't driven them very aggressive yet since I need to break them in to get rid of the lubricant coating off. The sidewalls and very smooth and they look great with some tire dressing. As I start to break them in I'll give my review of how they handle compared to my oem Pirelli zero summer tires.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice. We have MPSS on our Ti and I really like them.

As the tires break-in, the air pressure will drop a bit. Check the pressure a few times over the first few weeks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took my car up to Angeles crest highway for some spirited driving with my new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I have to admit the grip on these tires is insane. You hear the front tires starting to squeal but they continue to grip. It's so hard to get the front tires to go loose and the rears are so planted they don't even get strained. I was taking turns faster than ever. No need to be driving on lower gears since I had so much grip I can stay on 4th or 5th gear most of the time. It's amazing how much good set of tires can completely transform your car. I feel like the h&r springs are complementing the sticky MPS4S so well. Had such blast can't wait to hit a track soon. Highly recommend these tires for anyone wanting to swap out the stock runflats. So worth the money!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. We have MPSS on our Ti and I really like them.

As the tires break-in, the air pressure will drop a bit. Check the pressure a few times over the first few weeks.
Yes Racer Z I been monitoring them and will be adding some air soon. Looking forward to meeting up Sunday!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,724 Posts
My first impression with the new tires is how much smoother and comfortable the ride is with them. Got the staggered set up 225-40-19 front 255-35-19 rear. Haven't driven them very aggressive yet since I need to break them in to get rid of the lubricant coating off. The sidewalls and very smooth and they look great with some tire dressing. As I start to break them in I'll give my review of how they handle compared to my oem Pirelli zero summer tires.

Looks really good, including the light 5 holes on the dark blue. Is that the combination the car came with or did you swap wheels too? Until pretty recently light 5 holes have not been available with the 2.0.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They came that way. My car is 2018 the dealer told me it's the only one around with the bright 5 hole wheels. Very rare color combo. Not that the dark wheels look bad but had dark wheels on my F-sport lexus and wanted to go different this time.
Looks really good, including the light 5 holes on the dark blue. Is that the combination the car came with or did you swap wheels too? Until pretty recently light 5 holes have not been available with the 2.0.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got H&R sport springs. Absolutely love the handling especially with the new tires. Less body roll & more grip. Sharper turn in as well. Ride quality is still very good.
Do you have Eibach springs? Car seems lowered.
If so, do you like the handling?

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
33 Posts
I switched to same but 245/40/19 all around on Ti with sport package / lsd and man the car felt brand new. I dumped the oem Pirelli tires. Nothing but fun with this size and type.
Saw your post. car looks amazing. What are your wheel sizes. Mine are 19x8 all around. Do the 245/40/19 fit on 19x8? What tires did you buy? Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Michelin pilot sport a/s and yes they will fit your wheel. 245/40/19 don’t even blink just get - search the forum! You will be so happy.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Despite being super grippy tyres (the correct spelling across the pond ;) ) , they MPS4S wear really well and have a decent lifespan. If you think the dry grip is awesome, wait till you see how equal the wet grip is!

Reactions: -ds-
1 - 14 of 14 Posts