Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No fitment issues. Initial impressions coming from the 225/40r19 P7 All Season are rides better but feels squishy. Steering doesn't seem as responsive. I'll give it some time for me to adjust and see what I think in a few weeks.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: TedO and Drew

Registered
2018 AR Giulia Ti Sport Q2, Alfa White / Tan, Performance Package
Just replaced my tires with non-runflats too (New Tires - Staggered Set Up) and my initial feeling is that the tires feel "squishy" also (I went up one tire size front and back - 235/40-19 and 265/35-19). However, I haven't driven mine since my tire installer discovered that one of my rear 19"x9" wheels is bent 馃槧. I dropped it off at Wheels America this morning and should have it back on the car by tomorrow.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about being "squishy" after you put a few more miles on it. Having a taller sidewall is likely contributing to the "squishy" feeling.

Registered
I have 7,000 miles on my BF Goodrich tires (staggered setup as well). Definitely a loss of steering precision compared to OEM Summer tires but the trade off for a car that is my daily drive I love them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 7,000 miles on my BF Goodrich tires (staggered setup as well). Definitely a loss of steering precision compared to OEM Summer tires but the trade off for a car that is my daily drive I love them.
What pressure a you running?

Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
I just installed these same tires on my wife's Mazda, although only 215/45r17. They are very affordable for being Tire Rack's #1 rated all season tire.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just installed these same tires on my wife's Mazda, although only 215/45r17. They are very affordable for being Tire Rack's #1 rated all season tire.
Yep. $818 out the door at Costco

Registered
What pressure a you running?
33, but when I went in for my last service they set it at 33 front and 39 rear (they even listed it on the invoice). Again, I have a staggered setup so not sure if they 鈥渙fficially鈥 moved away from 33 all around.

Registered
Again it's a really good tire it just doesn't work on all cars. As far at TR reviews most reviews are under 3k miles on the tire most tires will be amazing when NEW they should wait for 15k/ 20k to review! If you don't want as sporty as the Michelin All Season 4, then I would suggest the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II none run flat.

Registered
Sorry the satisfaction guarantee is on Michelin products only not BFG. I'm sure Costco has some policy. Did they make you sign off that you were putting the wrong size tire on the car ? I know the factory and extended Mopar warranty clearly says they want stock size tires on the car.

Registered
I just put on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 245/35R19 all around. So far so good, no squishy feel. Only about a hundred miles so they aren't really broken in yet but I feel like they have good responsiveness.

Registered
I just put on the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 245/35R19 all around. So far so good, no squishy feel. Only about a hundred miles so they aren't really broken in yet but I feel like they have good responsiveness.
Decent tire just did a couple sets of these on some MB and VWs will see how they hold up? Happy with first impressions ALOT better then the old version and I'm not a fan of multi layer compounds but will see. Jeff-

Registered
Decent tire just did a couple sets of these on some MB and VWs will see how they hold up? Happy with first impressions ALOT better then the old version and I'm not a fan of multi layer compounds but will see. Jeff-
Yeah im hoping so. Good thing with Continental is the 60 day return period. So if they don't feel good after a while I will swap them out

Registered
You should be happy with them I think. Conti might not like the plus sizing on the tires/ car if your going to try and return. Is this a Q4 or 2 why the plus sizing? Again I think this 952 works really well with the smaller stock tires sizes!

Registered
You should be happy with them I think. Conti might not like the plus sizing on the tires/ car if your going to try and return. Is this a Q4 or 2 why the plus sizing? Again I think this 952 works really well with the smaller stock tires sizes!
Stock tire sizes are just too small. It is very wimpy looking, needs some extra meat. Plus, the way the stocks are so stretched the wheels are just aching for some curb rash. The 245 gives the wheel a little more protection

Registered
Sorry the satisfaction guarantee is on Michelin products only not BFG. I'm sure Costco has some policy. Did they make you sign off that you were putting the wrong size tire on the car ? I know the factory and extended Mopar warranty clearly says they want stock size tires on the car.
delete

Registered
Had the DWS06鈥檚 on my last car. They were awesome in snow and overall comfort, but again, a performance tradeoff vs OEM Summer tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Costco had a thirty day satisfaction period. And I didn't sign anything consuming the tire size. Luckily.

Registered
Costco had a thirty day satisfaction period. And I didn't sign anything consuming the tire size. Luckily.
Return them for the Michelin all season four I'd run stock size or plus 10mm max personally. If you have a warranty the company will deny any drive line warranty with plus size tires it's even in the Mopar paperwork.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Costco is out of stock regarding the all seasons. Opting for the Pilot Sport summer in OE size. I'm in Austin and honestly, will be driving my truck if the temps fall below 45. And I'm a weather nut, so I pay attention to what's happening weatherwise. Tire weight is same as original equipment and tread width is 8.1 in as opposed to the pirelli 7 inch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts