Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered OEM kit from Mopar store.

First while the install is simple, once you have the original light off, the actual wire (in the blurry pic) is too short and will jump back into door frame. It took a good 15 minutes and I finally said without taking off door panel (which is best way to do this), I'd just cut a small V in plastic so I can move the cord far enough down to insert new bulb. I know many will not like that, but I could careless as you have to upside down and on your back to see it :grin2:

Once snapped in the script on the ground is very bright and looks great. Fun project.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very nice looking - I've been thinking of doing this too. After seeing yours - I will be doing this. >:)

Reactions: ATXQUAD

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woah! Looks like something I'd do in frustration. Thanks for sharing the details on installation!!!
Not frustration, if you try the project you will see it's really hard to keep that wire from jumping back into panel and even when you do find it (with one finger), the cord is too short to pull any further.

I'm very happy and enjoyed the 15 minute project. Script looks great.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
Tough to tell what we're looking at in shot #2 due to poor focus. Tying a string to such wires before they retract is a hard-learned lesson.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tough to tell what we're looking at in shot #2 due to poor focus. Tying a string to such wires before they retract is a hard-learned lesson.
Why am I not surprised. Sorry I could not meet your photo requirements. It was kinda hard to take.

The string thing is not the problem, the cord length is. Show us your install and how it's done, since mine does not meet your standards.

As I said I'm very happy and hope others (besides you) find benefit from post.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
For those interested in avoiding frustration, the "string thing" is one solution to the short cord problem. Happy focusing.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ordered OEM kit from Mopar store.

First while the install is simple, once you have the original light off, the actual wire (in the blurry pic) is too short and will jump back into door frame. It took a good 15 minutes and I finally said without taking off door panel (which is best way to do this), I'd just cut a small V in plastic so I can move the cord far enough down to insert new bulb. I know many will not like that, but I could careless as you have to upside down and on your back to see it :grin2:

Once snapped in the script on the ground is very bright and looks great. Fun project.
Looks good, but disappointed they don’t offer the Quadrifoglio option. I had the M badge version on my M3. They gave you 3 different slide choices which was a nice touch. Come on Alfa, let’s step it up a bit, huh?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Looks good, but disappointed they don’t offer the Quadrifoglio option. I had the M badge version on my M3. They gave you 3 different slide choices which was a nice touch. Come on Alfa, let’s step it up a bit, huh?
I'm waiting for BIG DAWG....:laugh:

Reactions: DEEZZ and mc3456

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
God Bless the DIYers

there was a time when I'd be ALL-OVER something like this....now sadly..I just want the go-fast goodies and not have to install them myself..lazy-ass that I am:grin2:
but it does indeed look sharp...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts