Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of an Alfa Romeo Giulia 952 that comes with no nav system. I've connected my Samsung S21 to the car and it doesn't seem to have Android Auto. How can I install Android Auto in my car without changing the infoentertainment physical system?
In alternative, can I install the navigation system in my infoentertainment without changing any piece (only by software means)?

I'd really like to have GPS so I'd like Android Auto or other nav system to work. However, I really like the look of my infoentertainment system and I didn't like to install any third party hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help.

· Registered
5,868 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of an Alfa Romeo Giulia 952 that comes with no nav system. I've connected my Samsung S21 to the car and it doesn't seem to have Android Auto. How can I install Android Auto in my car without changing the infoentertainment physical system?
In alternative, can I install the navigation system in my infoentertainment without changing any piece (only by software means)?

I'd really like to have GPS so I'd like Android Auto or other nav system to work. However, I really like the look of my infoentertainment system and I didn't like to install any third party hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help.
What year car?

· Registered
5,868 Posts
2016. 1st gen system
I know you didn’t want to install aftermarket hardware, but that’s really the only rational option. There are 2-3 different units discussed on the forum that are basically all the same and are a pretty simple plug and play install. Requires a little disassembly under the drivers side dash. You can scan this thread for info.

· Registered
5,868 Posts
Seems accessible to install. Do you know where to buy the module in Europe? Or what's the correct name of the module?
This is one of the companies, they are based in Italy,

· Registered
5,868 Posts
Seems accessible to install. Do you know where to buy the module in Europe? Or what's the correct name of the module?
Here is someone in the UK selling one used.

· Registered
5,868 Posts
Do you think this is an easy thing to install at home?
Did you put your microphone where recommended? Seems difficult to install the mic module.
I replaced mine with a 2021 OEM Infotainment unit that had a new Alfa wrapped around it. I traded my 2017 for a 2021 this past January.

There are YouTube videos showing the installation, to me it looked “medium” difficulty, but I probably would have looked around for a professional stereo install shop if I had decided to pursue.

There are plenty of members here on the forum that did their own install, hopefully some will chime in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.