Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Today I read through the whole manual to familiarize myself with the car. I was mainly looking for when I take the car (base, 2.0T 4-cyl) to the dealer for the first oil change. I understand it's much before the first 10k miles. However, I did not find any specific numbers in terms of the very first oil change.

Am I missing something, did the manual answer this question of mine?

I would appreciate if someone could let me know when they think I should take the car in for the first oil change. I will call my salesman soon as well to see what he thinks.

Regards,
Max

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Isn't the car supposed to tell us?

·
Registered
226 Posts
10K is per the owner's manual, and 10K is what my dealer's service dept said.. Still, based on my trusted euro mechanic I had it changed at 2k.. (I have the 2.0)... I'll do the next at 10k and from then on. By the way the first change is free..

FYI, I just had the NAV upgrade. Under the old "My Car" in settings, the service date/mileage counted down from 10k to the odometer reading.. This has now changed to 12k less current odometer. So assume Alfa is now saying service every 12k miles vs 10k.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10K is per the owner's manual, and 10K is what my dealer's service dept said.. Still, based on my trusted euro mechanic I had it changed at 2k.. (I have the 2.0)... I'll do the next at 10k and from then on. By the way the first change is free..

FYI, I just had the NAV upgrade. Under the old "My Car" in settings, the service date/mileage counted down from 10k to the odometer reading.. This has now changed to 12k less current odometer. So assume Alfa is now saying service every 12k miles vs 10k.
Thank you, very good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts