Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Infotainment Update (TSB)

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  bigk200 
#1 ·
I took my car to the dealer this past week to have a software update done on the infotainment system. Apparently there is a TSB out that indicates that the update is needed. They had the car overnight, but after repeated attempts they were never able to install the update. Apparently the system would time-out without completing the update. So now I am waiting for the dealer to find out from AR why the update could not be installed.

The system appears to still be functional in spite of the failed attempt. However, my USB connected iPod will no longer connect. It used to connect every time without any problems, but not not any more. Very frustrating.

#2 ·
The car needs to be fully asleep before the update. Any convenience modules that are still awake must go dormant. One of the Alfa support team will surely get them going in the right direction.

My car needs the infotainment update as well. Attempting to access the "lane departure" menu setting while in "Race" mode will brick the infotainment until the car is shutoff and restarted.

#4 ·
I don't know the full details, unfortunately.

If I guessed, I would think the update would eliminate the lockout of using the HVAC controls if the Park-Sense is chirping away or the rear camera is on. I discovered this by accident when pulling into the garage. The air-conditioning fan was wailing away at the time and I attempted to turn it down. No such luck until the safety systems cleared.

It is interesting that a hardware sub-system is diabled until the display request is met. Odd.

#6 ·
Anyone notice that the latest update has changed the "Apps" menu to "Car" ? Makes more sense since its all about car functionality .

#9 ·
I've met him, but that doesn't help me out one way or another. The Alfa Customer Service people are working on my behalf to get this resolved. I have read disparaging remarks regarding the Alfa customer service, but so far I think they are doing a decent job for me.

I just hope that my iPod starts connecting again after the update.

#13 ·
My iPhone 7 works fine when its connected via USB.

#16 ·
I have a couple in a drawer somewhere. For discussion purposes, I thought it was a component of what we know today as an iPhone. :nerd:

Reactions: kanundrum
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.