·
Registered
1,807 Posts
....I sense a "Troll".....:nerd:

·
Registered
573 Posts
....I sense a "Troll".....:nerd:
Well, that pretty easy to "sense" it's in his user name. He has been quite for awhile. But he did have a picture of the issue. Hopefully he provides helpful information on the issue and updates how things go with getting it fixed and what was replaced/update.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I would, and I'll be driving over an hour because the Fiat/Alfa dealer here went out of business.

And lol at bitching when an essential component of a new car breaks at 6000mi
I know what you mean about those "essential components".... Like when the Rod Bearing on my M5

decided it was time I needed a new engine....or when on that same car, my wonderfully essential

SMG Clutch decided I needed to re-paper my den with repair bills !!! **** those "Essential

Components"....as you said....LOL....:grin2:

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
402 Posts
The car is really suspect in how it is made. Cars seemingly missing helpful sensors like windshield fluid level and ice on road, and the infotainment system going out, phonebooks not "pairing," etc.

I'm not surprised the Alfa dealer near you went out of business. I'm worried mine might. They have the WORST dealer network of any manufacturer. The dealers flat-out do not care. Check out the pics of when I picked my car up today. (1) should have been kept inside, and (2) one with snow in the car is my fav (forget to knock the snow off your shoes).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Nice mats !!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Stop bitching and go get it fixed under warranty.
I would, and I'll be driving over an hour because the Fiat/Alfa dealer here went out of business.

And lol at bitching when an essential component of a new car breaks at 6000mi
2.5 hours to my dealer. 3hrs to the next closest.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery in the back, if you’re not sure how, it’s very easy, open the access panel, lean in the trunk with a flashlight, at the very back you will see the negative cable mounted on the terminal post, at the backside there is a release tab, so you can push the tab and lift the cable right off the post. Make sure you don’t close the truck though, with no battery it won’t open again by the switch......Once it’s off, leave the car like that for 30 min or so, then reconnect (listen for the “click”) and check if it’s working.

The car is really suspect in how it is made. Cars seemingly missing helpful sensors like windshield fluid level and ice on road, and the infotainment system going out, phonebooks not "pairing," etc.

I'm not surprised the Alfa dealer near you went out of business. I'm worried mine might. They have the WORST dealer network of any manufacturer. The dealers flat-out do not care. Check out the pics of when I picked my car up today. (1) should have been kept inside, and (2) one with snow in the car is my fav (forget to knock the snow off your shoes).
Dealer network is very new, so some teething issues can be expected. And no offence, but why would they leave your car inside? We never do unless requested, and likely the snow there on the mat was from a shuttle driver or lot person, service should be using paper mats.

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
402 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery in the back, if you’re not sure how, it’s very easy, open the access panel, lean in the trunk with a flashlight, at the very back you will see the negative cable mounted on the terminal post, at the backside there is a release tab, so you can push the tab and lift the cable right off the post. Make sure you don’t close the truck though, with no battery it won’t open again by the switch......Once it’s off, leave the car like that for 30 min or so, then reconnect (listen for the “click”) and check if it’s working.

Dealer network is very new, so some teething issues can be expected. And no offence, but why would they leave your car inside? We never do unless requested, and likely the snow there on the mat was from a shuttle driver or lot person, service should be using paper mats.
Appreciate the advice, but I disagree with the "dealer network is new" excuse. Chose your dealers wisely. As to why would they put the car under cover? Because a customer is coming to pick it up from service and 8'' of snow are expected. Every other dealer does this (Volvo, Honda, BMW, Audi, etc). Generally they wash the car/vacuum it before returning it. I don't care about that, esp. in the snow, but having a lot person get the inside dirty (or make a puddle of water), etc. is nonsense.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Will I lose all my settings?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
What settings? If infotainment is busted, how would you know? Anyway, it’s definitely worth a shot to fix the problem, isn’t it? I’d rather take it in for warranty service and see if there are any updates or hardware fixes which might avoid it happening again, but if the dealer is far off, it’s worth a shot, and just redo any settings/setup.

It’s an unfortunate and frustrating circumstance; best luck. Let us know what the fix is.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What settings? If infotainment is busted, how would you know? Anyway, it’s definitely worth a shot to fix the problem, isn’t it? I’d rather take it in for warranty service and see if there are any updates or hardware fixes which might avoid it happening again, but if the dealer is far off, it’s worth a shot, and just redo any settings/setup.

It’s an unfortunate and frustrating circumstance; best luck. Let us know what the fix is.
Seat position, current trip and milage info, etc. But you're right it's worth it. I can't even see what temperature the AC is at right now.

·
Registered
537 Posts
will i lose all my settings?
they should be saved in the system, but i cant say for sure. Just fyi, the first thing the dealer will probably do is disconnect the battery.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think its safe to assume that most saved preferences will be lost once the battery is disconnected. But its not like you have many other options available. Right now you infotainment system is basically a screensaver aha.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
When you reconnect the battery, be prepared for most or all of the warning lights/symbols to appear on the dash. Drive the car for a few minutes until it warms up, pull over someplace safe, stop and turn the car off. Wait about 30 seconds, then start the car again. If all goes well, all the warning lights should go off and the system should be back to normal.

If that seems to fix the issue, great, but I would still take the car to the dealer and tell them what happened. Have them check the status of the battery to make sure it's good. Battery issues are a known problem and can cause weird symptoms.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts