Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know how I can be able to replace the infotainment system and the communication Telematic module on the 2018 Giulia ti sport, it stopped working as soon as my warranty expired and now the dealership will be charging me $ 3358.51 don’t want to pay that much just for that. So I want to see if I can be able to do the fix myself, I looked online and the parts are way cheaper all together and will cost me about 700. Don’t know if anyone have done this before? Need help? Because with the problem I can’t even get warranty until it’s fixed

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Anyone here know how I can be able to replace the infotainment system and the communication Telematic module on the 2018 Giulia ti sport, it stopped working as soon as my warranty expired and now the dealership will be charging me $ 3358.51 don’t want to pay that much just for that. So I want to see if I can be able to do the fix myself, I looked online and the parts are way cheaper all together and will cost me about 700. Don’t know if anyone have done this before? Need help? Because with the problem I can’t even get warranty until it’s fixed
I would think infotainment system and telematic module are 2 seperate items....
In addition, infotainment module has individual security code, so you are limited to new unit from Alfa for this, second hand f.i. will not work.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think infotainment system and telematic module are 2 seperate items....
In addition, infotainment module has individual security code, so you are limited to new unit from Alfa for this, second hand f.i. will not work.....
Yes they are separate so I was thinking about replacing them with the same model infotainment system and telematic module for my car unless there’s other ways to pay the 3358.51 or financing? Which I’m not aware of

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yes they are separate so I was thinking about replacing them with the same model infotainment system and telematic module for my car unless there’s other ways to pay the 3358.51 or financing? Which I’m not aware of
I was curious why you would think both modules are defective, I would think the chance of that is fairly slim ? What is actually not working/what are the symptoms ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was curious why you would think both modules are defective, I would think the chance of that is fairly slim ? What is actually not working/what are the symptoms ?
Yeah I went to the dealership yesterday for the infotainment system only to be replaced because my infotainment system went blank and only the back light comes on, nothing else just black with back light. I went to the dealership and they said it will be 1300 for the new screen but they said when they replaced the new screen it gave them an error code which meant the communication telematic module needed to be replaced too, so that’s why I’m saying both needed to be replaced

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yeah I went to the dealership yesterday for the infotainment system only to be replaced because my infotainment system went blank and only the back light comes on, nothing else just black with back light. I went to the dealership and they said it will be 1300 for the new screen but they said when they replaced the new screen it gave them an error code which meant the communication telematic module needed to be replaced too, so that’s why I’m saying both needed to be replaced
ok, weird ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts