Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Call in advance, maybe send a photo to them so they can order it and maaaybe have it there.
Yes - I will do that so they can order the correct parts if they do not have it in stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
399 Posts
Omg. Same. Going in to dealer tomorrow for an oil change and a fix. I’ll report back what they say as what they had to fix. Weird that only under navigation does the screen trip out.
Its just more visible under nav because of the background. Its there all the time as its a physical issue. I have a 2017 and mine started to craze after about 12 months of ownership. It will continue to get worse over time. I waited to have mine replaced until this year actually. I wanted to make sure they knew what was up and had a better part to replace it with. It was a quick swap at the dealer. I think they must be able to pull it out from the front without removing anything.

Reactions: Drew and wingler

·
Registered
177 Posts
Its just more visible under nav because of the background. Its there all the time as its a physical issue. I have a 2017 and mine started to craze after about 12 months of ownership. It will continue to get worse over time. I waited to have mine replaced until this year actually. I wanted to make sure they knew what was up and had a better part to replace it with. It was a quick swap at the dealer. I think they must be able to pull it out from the front without removing anything.
That's good to know. I wasn't really wanting someone ripping apart the whole dash, but if it is a quick swap, that must be the case.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good to know they can do it while I just wait as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is in for replacement under warranty. Its at the shop right now and for almost two weeks. The screen was turning black randomly.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Mine is in for replacement under warranty. Its at the shop right now and for almost two weeks. The screen was turning black randomly.
Different issue than above.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is what my navigation screen looks like on daytime and nighttime.
Took to dealer on Friday because it doesn’t look right and when using at night the screen is basically black and is unusable. Dealer said I had the most recent update and their solution was to turn off auto setting and just use daylight setting, this just doesnt seem right. I have had the car since sept 2017 and noticed this issue end of July this year. I haven’t touched any settings for screen or navigation. Does everyone else’s navigation screen look like mine? Something changed and the nav screen looks like garbage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is what my navigation screen looks like on daytime and nighttime.
Took to dealer on Friday because it doesn’t look right and when using at night the screen is basically black and is unusable. Dealer said I had the most recent update and their solution was to turn off auto setting and just use daylight setting, this just doesnt seem right. I have had the car since sept 2017 and noticed this issue end of July this year. I haven’t touched any settings for screen or navigation. Does everyone else’s navigation screen look like mine? Something changed and the nav screen looks like garbage.
This clearly is a warranty issue.

There explanation is ridiculous.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This clearly is a warranty issue.

There explanation is ridiculous.
That’s what I figured too. Fortunately the service tech did he say he’d replace it no problem and it wouldn’t take more than 45m or so. So, guess I will be contacting them Monday first thing to go in.
thanks for the input. I was hoping I wasn’t going senile already.

Reactions: MorganB

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That’s what I figured too. Fortunately the service tech did he say he’d replace it no problem and it wouldn’t take more than 45m or so. So, guess I will be contacting them Monday first thing to go in.
thanks for the input. I was hoping I wasn’t going senile already.
Keep us posted.

I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just spoke to my dealer.

They ordered a replacement screen.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had my screen replaced today, no change. Nighttime mode is still dark as ever. I have the latest updates he said too. He said if I come up with anything to let him know. In other words, tough shit. Not sure what to do now but as is, it he display doesn’t work at night and it used to. Would someone with a 2017-2018 pls take a pic of their nav at night and post? I can’t find any pics online of what it’s supposed to look like.pic of mine and current version below.
any suggestions? The dealer has no idea and at this point I don’t know either but what I do know is that this isn’t how the nav is supposed to work. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I mean the navigation itself looks like what it is supposed to at night. But if he replaced the screen all those lines on the edges shouldn't be there. Are you sure he actually changed it out? Wait, you just reposted the same pics. What is your complaint? You don't like the way it looks in night mode? If you think screen is too dark at night, the instrument light dimmer is on the left of steering wheel near the auto start stop button and that brightens/darkens everything including the infotainment display. Beyond that, the nav at night works fine and I like it.

·
Vendor
1,211 Posts
My dealer said screen is 3 weeks back order.
I'm very sorry about this extended wait time for your radio. Our radio suppliers are continuing to catch up on radio orders impacted by the nation-wide shutdown. We know how frustrating this is, and we appreciate your patience.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
136 Posts
I mean the navigation itself looks like what it is supposed to at night. But if he replaced the screen all those lines on the edges shouldn't be there. Are you sure he actually changed it out? Wait, you just reposted the same pics. What is your complaint? You don't like the way it looks in night mode? If you think screen is too dark at night, the instrument light dimmer is on the left of steering wheel near the auto start stop button and that brightens/darkens everything including the infotainment display. Beyond that, the nav at night works fine and I like it.
The screenshot I provided was prior to replacement. The new one looks identical.
My complaint is the night version. When you’re car is dark the navigation is completely unusable. This hadn’t been the case.
Does yours look like this? The screen looks pixelated and lower resolution than it had. I’ve tried the dimmer and that doesn’t do jack. Would you mind uploading a pic of your nav screen at night?
attached is a screenshot of just this afternoon, after screen replacement, fwiw.
Curious if others can comment on what their screen looks like at night and can upload a picture? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
I went three times so far due to this issue.
1st time they had to inspect the issue and then order a replacement
2nd time Replacement came in, after two hours I have been told they received damaged replacement
3rd time, after waiting, they said their system is down and couldn't register the component.
4rth time... still waiting for them to call back.
My warranty is about to expire in 5 months. I WILL by any means get this replaced

21 - 40 of 51 Posts