Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I parked my Giulia while on a call initiated with CarPlay. Unplugged the phone and switched to headphones, then turned off and locked the car. However, the infotainment screen did not go off (showed the last Sirius channel I'd been on), even after the the delay for the headlights to go off. Could not figure out any way to get it to go off (unlock/relock. restart/stop). I assume it was because the active call was keeping it on (even though I was no longer using the system to listen to it). Finally tried turning off the Bluetooth, and that did it. Anyone know if this is correct operation? I assume it would have shut off when I got far enough away for the Bluetooth to disconnect, but wasn't able to walk away and return to check. Any insight from the group?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've found that sometimes you have to go in and hit the Stop-Start button twice to turn off infotainment items that are still running (radio, phone, etc.). It's annoying.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yep, I've seen the same. Looks to me like a software bug. I'd assume it times out after a long time - my VW would turn off after 30 minutes.

So I parked my Giulia while on a call initiated with CarPlay. Unplugged the phone and switched to headphones, then turned off and locked the car. However, the infotainment screen did not go off (showed the last Sirius channel I'd been on), even after the the delay for the headlights to go off. Could not figure out any way to get it to go off (unlock/relock. restart/stop). I assume it was because the active call was keeping it on (even though I was no longer using the system to listen to it). Finally tried turning off the Bluetooth, and that did it. Anyone know if this is correct operation? I assume it would have shut off when I got far enough away for the Bluetooth to disconnect, but wasn't able to walk away and return to check. Any insight from the group?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had mine do the same but I was not connected to it with my phone. Went off by itself in about 5 mins. Thought I read something about this in the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts