Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Giulia that I love with all my heart but I'm getting frustrated with. Every time I get into bumps, the infotainment system goes off and the screen starts flashing, the milage on the instrument cluster flashes, parking sensors become unavailable, turn signals stop working, parking brake comes on, and all that just destroys the ride enjoyability. These flashes can continue for as long as 30 minutes. It's even more embarrassing when I have people in the car or I'm going on a long drive because I'm left to listening to the engine notes instead of music. I have taken the car in to the nearest dealership, it spent 5 days there and they claimed they fixed it but apparently, they didn't. I need help!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have a 2019 Giulia that I love with all my heart but I'm getting frustrated with. Every time I get into bumps, the infotainment system goes off and the screen starts flashing, the milage on the instrument cluster flashes, parking sensors become unavailable, turn signals stop working, parking brake comes on, and all that just destroys the ride enjoyability. These flashes can continue for as long as 30 minutes. It's even more embarrassing when I have people in the car or I'm going on a long drive because I'm left to listening to the engine notes instead of music. I have taken the car in to the nearest dealership, it spent 5 days there and they claimed they fixed it but apparently, they didn't. I need help!!!
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere, but I would think they should have found this.
Also check the battery posts/connections, it has happened that the battery post(s) were not properly tightened......

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
221 Posts
It's unfortunate you're getting embarrassed. Take it back to the dealer. It's obvious they did not fix it your issue. It seems like you should be able to reproduce the problem so take a tech or service manager for a ride and show them the problem. When you pick it up make them show you it's fixed. Flickering infotainment system is a common software issue so they may have flashed it thinking that was the problem but it's something else as suggested. Maybe a loose connector.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The fact that it happens when going over bumps strongly suggests something is loose

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
380 Posts
From the look of all things gone wrong at the time when bump was hit looks like something is loose on BCM module. Worth checking if all plugs are secured properly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts