Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a silly question but are all of the infotainment screens red, or is mine red because I have red interior stitching?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine is red too. I have Misano Blue with B/W interior

Kinda hard to see the red text when wearing sunglasses!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know, guess Alfa isn't that personalized

I don't drive with sunglasses but I can see how it would be too dark

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had LASIK surgery last year and it made my eyes a little more sensitive to bright light. Plus, wearing sunglasses vastly reduced my daytime fatigue compared to when I never wore them. :)

·
Banned
219 Posts
Well, Duh! History and tradition dictates that everything on an Alfa should be red. I believe there was a Papal Edict about Italian cars being RED.

Reactions: Gian

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
On very early Giulias the color changed depending on the DNA mode selected, much like it does on the screen in the instrument cluster (and the DNA change screen was animated). On later SW versions they changed it to be red at all times, and modified the DNA change screen.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On very early Giulias the color changed depending on the DNA mode selected, much like it does on the screen in the instrument cluster (and the DNA change screen was animated). On later SW versions they changed it to be red at all times, and modified the DNA change screen.
Thanks for confirming @MacGeek

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Darn!

That sounds much cooler than the current set up. I wonder why they changed it.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the animations.

My qv does this but the normal screens for media, settings, etc are all red no matter the DNA mode

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yours displays a static image, not an animation.
Oh right. Didn't pick up on that. Now you call it out, I like the animation

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Someone probably didn't like it. Alfa damned if they do damned if they don't:frown2:
My screen just shows the color and the line at the bottom of the display stays that color. I know it is Blue for normal and R for Race probably green for a and yellow for dynamic. June 2017 build

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We were talking about the infotainment screen, not the instrument cluster screen, which does change color theme depending on the selected DNA mode. On very early software versions (pre-production and initial ramp-up), the color theme change extended to the infotainment display.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We were talking about the infotainment screen, not the instrument cluster screen, which does change color theme depending on the selected DNA mode. On very early software versions (pre-production and initial ramp-up), the color theme change extended to the infotainment display.
That feature was removed
So was showing the speed on the cluster when in race, and the handwriting on the center scroll knob top. Any other major changes?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I got that. My infortainment screen (picture of car) change colors. But no it is not animated which is fine. I also don’t believe it is a detailed vision of the car but I don’t stare at it. I know what modes I am in. Looking to the right for guidance is like looking to the Speedo in my Mini Cooper for my speed. I keep my head forward and look only at the intrument cluster and the road.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
When I say color theme change, I don't mean the picture of the car that momentarily appears while you change modes. I mean the accent color across the rest of the infotainment user interface.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Here's a picture showing an early software version, in N mode, with blue accent color. There was also a menu item in the Settings section where you could let it automatically change color depending on DNA mode, or lock it to one of the 3 color schemes (4 on the Quadrifoglio).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts