Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members, like many of us, i always thought that these screens were prone to micro scratches despite the micro fiber used. I have tried some lcd solution cleaner but ended up having to accept to live with these micro scratches staring at me under specific lighting from the sun mainly. So i was looking for a solution and came accross this reseller who focuses on these specifically. After reading some facebook and google reviews i decided to give it a shot. The ordering site gives you the option of ordering either hd or anti glare finishes. This is where it got somehow complicated at first but after few email exchanges with the company, they understood my inquiry and sent me the proper ppf set up. So if you want to proceed and refresh your screen to a brand new look, here is the combo suggestion you need to order from them. Main infotainment screen and center cluster should be anti-glare and both dials HD ( glossy) , as per original presentation by AR. On to pics for your review.
thanks

Drinkware Vision care Font Eyewear Tableware

Car Hood Grille Vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Hood Bumper

Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive design Flash photography Gauge Speedometer

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Ti Sport Rosso Competizione
8 Posts
This is awesome. Can you post a link to the website? I had bad scratches on my Audi's instrument cluster - nice to know there is a fix if it happens to my Alfa.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Triumph23

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
At a quick glance without actually reading your post and just looking at the pictures I thought you had an issue with both your screens crapping out lol, glad that's not the case! Good to know about this, thanks for sharing (y)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
While I can’t argue with the results, is there anyone here who may think our Giulia’s might not be too keen on getting their dashes sprayed with copious amounts of water?
Felt hesitant also on that aspect at first, but the amount sprayed is not so much at the end and when you squeegee the slip solution out and have the rag , i am confident that there was no threat involved.

Fyi, James from ScreenProtech saw the post and emailed my back asking to reply on his behalf :
I noticed someone asked about the liquid, it is a common question and I will try to create an account to answer that. For now if you would like to respond that even when sprayed heavily we have not had a single damaged display screen on over 18,000 kits. We feel confident in this on even the most expensive screens.

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
2020 Q4 Ti Sport
67 Posts
Thanks for this! Always held off since the website didn't have the option for HD vs anti-glare like some of there other listings. sent them an email
If there is an option for an Anti-Glare, I would get a set for myself guaranteed.

In doing regular cleaning of the interior, though I try not to use too much force when cleaning with Microfiber+APC, I forsee eventual scratches forming as time goes on (and as I occasionally get lazy). Slightly more peace of mind for long term use would be great and I always feel PPF is a good investment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If there is an option for an Anti-Glare, I would get a set for myself guaranteed.

In doing regular cleaning of the interior, though I try not to use too much force when cleaning with Microfiber+APC, I forsee eventual scratches forming as time goes on (and as I occasionally get lazy). Slightly more peace of mind for long term use would be great and I always feel PPF is a good investment.
there is an option like OP said! just need to email them with the drawing from the OP

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As an installer of film, for these pieces you'd only need to mist the screens. If you feel like you need the film to float more, spray the adhesive side of the PPF not the screens.
confirming that i did mist both screen and film to make it easier to position them.

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,300 Posts
As an installer of film, for these pieces you'd only need to mist the screens. If you feel like you need the film to float more, spray the adhesive side of the PPF not the screens.
Can I make a good slip solution at home? I have PPF cut to shape but need to install it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plenty of tutorials on the web .
Here is one of them

Reactions: Saxman

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
858 Posts
I have pretty severe Essential Tremor (ET), is the positioning difficult (is there time to re-position to get it right) and do you just use a cloth for squeegee-ing, or is a tool involved?

Also, when later removed, do you anticipate needing to use solvent or anything else to prepare for another PPF application?

Thanks, MTB

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have pretty severe Essential Tremor (ET), is the positioning difficult (is there time to re-position to get it right) and do you just use a cloth for squeegee-ing, or is a tool involved?

Also, when later removed, do you anticipate needing to use solvent or anything else to prepare for another PPF application?

Thanks, MTB
Here is the list of what they provide when your order :

Included in this package:
Screen ProTech LVL1 (Instrument Cluster & Navigation Screen)
(1) Installation Lint Free Cloth
(1) Squeegee
(1) Baby Soap/Slip Solution Bottle (Please add Distilled Water, Soap is already added

No solvent needed should you want to remove the film.

·
Registered
MY18 Quadrifoglio
252 Posts
Can I make a good slip solution at home? I have PPF cut to shape but need to install it.
If you want a recommendation on mixing in smaller sizes I'll DM you but that video posted covers it pretty well.

Removing film just takes some knowledge and heat. No solvents at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts