Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car build was June, 2017. I have read all of the "Infotainment update" and TSB posts on this site. And both my GPS and Infotainment systems appear to be running smoothly. Only 5 radio presets exist on my display, with one click available to access all of my other radio preset Favorites. I live in the US (California), not Europe.

At this time, it is still unclear to me for the following...
1) Are there Infotainment and GPS updates available for my build, such as increasing the number of available Favorites on radio drop-down display, and improved access to Google maps?
2) Does there need to be an actual problem with my Infotainment and/or GPS systems in order to request the updates, or can I simply go in and ask for appropriate updates on the car?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Infotainment updates

My car build was June, 2017. I have read all of the "Infotainment update" and TSB posts on this site. And both my GPS and Infotainment systems appear to be running smoothly. Only 5 radio presets exist on my display, with one click available to access all of my other radio preset Favorites. I live in the US (California), not Europe.

At this time, it is still unclear to me for the following...
1) Are there Infotainment and GPS updates available for my build, such as increasing the number of available Favorites on radio drop-down display, and improved access to Google maps?
2) Does there need to be an actual problem with my Infotainment and/or GPS systems in order to request the updates, or can I simply go in and ask for appropriate updates on the car?

Thank you!
This topic has been beaten to death on this message board, so maybe I can save you some time trying to figure it out, since many of the posts and threads pre-date the major update that was issued this past summer. Here's my two cents.
1) First, congrats on the Giulia! Hope you love it as much as I love mine. There are actually an unlimited number of presets available if the infotainment system in your June-built car is running version 002-049-043 or later (not sure if there is a later version).
If you are seeing only 5 favorites, you probably have the display on split screen. The other favorites are accessed by pulling down the control knob the way you typically would to access your list of 5 favs, then turn the dial all the way to the right where you see a star. Click on that star and a whole new list of slots for potential favorites will appear. As you add more favs, they will populate this overflow menu if the first 5 slots are already full. After you add new favs, you can re-order the list to move the later added ones into the first 5 so you won't have to access this overflow list.
2) You can not change or upgrade the Nav system to access Google maps. The maps are what they are. No live traffic. No access to Apple Car Play or Android Auto in the 2017s. Rumors indicate that it may be added to 2018s later via an update.
3) And a strong "yes" there has to be a problem with your system, or your VIN has to appear on a manufacturer list, in order for you to get an update. However, if you are running version 002, there may not be an update for your system.
Hope that is helpful.

Reactions: 2017QV

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. That was succinct and helpful :)

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,789 Posts
Hello all - old thread - new problem

previous S/W version

MV-002.009.047
TV-002.009.047
map
Oceania

i had problems with phone favourites - so i requested latest software update and/or a infotainment reset to see if it could fix the problem of phone favourites intermittently being lost.

current versions now

MV-002.009.055
TV-002.009.055
map was not updated, was told this was latest map

Oceania

ok now i cant voice command satnav destinations - where i previously could say "Navigate to Giulia St Alfaville" - and she would ask "do you wish to start navigation guidance now" - and begin navigating, all well and solid

after todays update, now she says
"that destination cannot be navigated to" - then "say the name of the city" - after you repeat it she says "pardon" - rinse and repeat "please try again, say the name of the city" as if she cant hear me and then she terminates the session with a "blip"

anybody else getting this on version 055 or is mine corrupted and need to be reloaded ? I think i would have heard about it by now if this was widepsread ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello all - old thread - new problem

previous S/W version

MV-002.009.047
TV-002.009.047
map
Oceania

current versions now

MV-002.009.055
TV-002.009.055
map was not updated, was told this was latest map

Oceania
Gotta say, I do think a map update is overdue.

Let us know the outcome of ......055

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
useless dealer still hasnt given me an answer
I’m at .055 and mine will navigate to a destination via voice, at least for locations I have saved. Haven’t tried anything more complicated yet.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
i tried that, and it doesnt work, its crazy that it worked before and not now

thanks wingler
No worries. I did try more complicated navigation commands today (street address/city). It tries, but it’s pretty hopeless at correctly interpreting my request (and I don’t even have an accent:)).

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
hey juz

update from dealer -

the main tech is equally puzzled by it and it is difficult for me to just whip the car in to show them as i live over 90klms away and i prefer them as my service centre -

this is what they are going to do over the next couple of days though

they have a Giulia loaner similar to mine and they will check for satnav voice commands before they load version .055 on it, and then test it again - that should determine if there is a bug in the software or if mine just simply needs to be reloaded

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
the other interesting thing i noticed after the .055 update was under "settings" - "software update" it now has a third option that says "restore software" - thats not only new, but interesting

interesting because it looks like you can revert to a previous version rather than wait for a fix to any possible bugs in update versions

previous version or basic version, whatever that means

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
update - dealer car with .055 also lost satnav voice command only after loading updates

previous version roll-back feature does not work

awaiting solution -

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yes maps is a sore point, 2 year old maps and Alfa doesn't care. All you get is a run around, call Alfa care and they say contact dealer, dealer says no info from Alfa. I have two Tomtom units and they receive updates 4 times a year for life, my Mazda had free 2 times a year for 3 years.
For a $950 Nav option this SUCKS. We need owners to call Alfa Cares every month to be a pain in the a_s and then maybe they will release a new map with a policy on maps, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts