Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my VIN on MY2018 Quadrifoglio. I don't even know what carplay or android auto is, but I know there has been a bunch of discussions about it. So here ya go! For me and this car it is the equivalent of worrying about the light show at a Stones concert!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Apple Car Play and Android Auto allow you to use the functionality of your phone on the display unit. They are both great.

As a result, you won't want to use the Navigation built into the car.

Both Car Play and Android Auto allow you to respond to text messages verbally, and it reads them back to you, among many things but I love this feature.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Where did you get the document, if I may ask?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just got my VIN on MY2018 Quadrifoglio. I don't even know what carplay or android auto is, but I know there has been a bunch of discussions about it. So here ya go! For me and this car it is the equivalent of worrying about the light show at a Stones concert!
If you don't mind, what is the estimated time frame for delivery of a 2018MY quad?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
That seems a bit late, since MY18 production started last week...
I just went through this with my dealer. Ordered cars are due 30 - 60 after general release of the new model in early October. There are a lot of 2017's here now so I am not surprised. Last thing dealers need are lots of 2017's when the 2018's come out.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
just got my vin on my2018 quadrifoglio. I don't even know what carplay or android auto is, but i know there has been a bunch of discussions about it. So here ya go! For me and this car it is the equivalent of worrying about the light show at a stones concert!
07563615? 07563680?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's hardly a reason to have any remorse. You've been enjoying the Giulia while others are on the sidelines. :wink2:
I'm in the same boat as you. Was hoping to have Apple and Android in my car. But got my car on March. So being using it since. Lots of fun..

Just have it in the service now due to some brake noise issue. We are the first buyer, the test bunnies :grin2:

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. Was hoping to have Apple and Android in my car. But got my car on March. So being using it since. Lots of fun..

Just have it in the service now due to some brake noise issue. We are the first buyer, the test bunnies :grin2:
Hey, we have another thing in common... both our cars are currently being serviced at the dealer for issues......:|

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've been using CarPlay on a Volvo for over a year. To me, CarPlay is a dumbed down version of the Apple iOS, maybe intentionally so.

But I wouldn't miss it if it were gone. The only feature I really find helpful is having the Apple map display on the car screen.

Other than that, the bluetooth from my phone, handles songs and playlists perfectly (on the Volvo).

To me, no CarPlay on Alfa is not a deal killer by any stretch.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've been using CarPlay on a Volvo for over a year. To me, CarPlay is a dumbed down version of the Apple iOS, maybe intentionally so.

But I wouldn't miss it if it were gone. The only feature I really find helpful is having the Apple map display on the car screen.

Other than that, the bluetooth from my phone, handles songs and playlists perfectly (on the Volvo).

To me, no CarPlay on Alfa is not a deal killer by any stretch.
You do know you can use Apple Maps via Bluetooth in a car that does not support CarPlay? well the Audio part.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204242

1 - 20 of 28 Posts