Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I placed my order today with what I think to be a dealer that has the best chance of pushing one of these things through the quickest. I live in the MD/VA/DC area and the dealer is not local if that tells you anything.

I went with Vesuvio Grey, all options Sparco race seats with green/white stitching and yellow calipers and dark 5 hole wheels. Can't wait to see it.

I am currently in the Porsche, Land Rover, Mercedes Benz camp - figured it was time for some linguine :nerd: Never bought a car without driving it so hopefully its all good and as good as they all say.

Hopefully it shows up mid summer...would love to hear what others have experienced flash to bang with ordering and delivery.

-Jeff

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congratulations. That definitely sounds like a really good looking spec you got there, sounds like you have great taste! I'm actually really excited to see yours as well haha. What have you most recently owned or are currently driving?

·
Registered
166 Posts
That should be a very nice build! I'm in NoVA also trying to find some dealer somewhere who can get me a car. Congrats on finding a dealer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - So I currently have 2015 G-Wagon for the daily stuff, and old Land Rover Disco with 300,000 miles on it for the weekends and an 84 911 Carrera for track duty. I did have a C63 507 Edition sedan which was awesome but not a handler, little bit heavy. So I love horsepower but it has to handle - hoping the Giulia is that car.

Have not had the G-Wagon too long and it may go away as the Giulia arrives. My wife has a Range Rover Sport (510 hp) so we don't need 3 SUV's

-Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Sent you the contact info of one of the best on the East Coast. Good news is that they are only 1.5 hour from you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, and the even more frustrating dealer in Tysons Corner. Ugh.

Via Sterling -

"you know this car is handmade in Italy, the Italian way and that takes time, we can put you on a waitlist" - spoken to me in a very thick Italian accent.

I said how about I give you $5k and you place an order today in the system and I wait for a VIN.

"Sorry sir we cannot do that..."

You can't do what...sell a car? Seeing as how you are a car dealership and all.

Completely baffled.

I was dealing with the Tysons dealership and then they just stopped communicating all together...

Business is good...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ugg. I'm in Northern VA and was going to shop both the Sterling and Tyson's locations. We also have multiple Maryland locations that I could try.

Sterling is super close for me so I was hoping to get it serviced there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ugg. I'm in Northern VA and was going to shop both the Sterling and Tyson's locations. We also have multiple Maryland locations that I could try.

Sterling is super close for me so I was hoping to get it serviced there.
I really like the service dept in Sterling a lot. Very honest service and solid informed advice from my experience there with my Ferrari. They also host great track events with trackside service/support. The service manager and motorsports coordinator are both great. It's really just the Alfa/Maserati side of the sales team that are weak. If I end up with a Giulia, I'll still get it serviced there.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I really like the service dept in Sterling a lot. Very honest service and solid informed advice from my experience there with my Ferrari. They also host great track events with trackside service/support. The service manager and motorsports coordinator are both great. It's really just the Alfa/Maserati side of the sales team that are weak. If I end up with a Giulia, I'll still get it serviced there.

Good to know! If you ever here of any events please let us know! I know criswell for sales was not bad is what I meant. Even though I did not go thru them their service is top notch and also very knowledgeable. It is what ever that is closer to you really I think you should be fine service wise.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK well that is good to know - that location is 10 min from my house...I guess if I have a Giulia and need it serviced they have to deal with me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ordered mine on 12-23 and it "should" arrive "within 2 weeks".

It's like waiting on Christmas but not knowing when Christmas is!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Congrats on your order of a Quad :grin2:

Via Sterling -

"you know this car is handmade in Italy, the Italian way and that takes time, we can put you on a waitlist" - spoken to me in a very thick Italian accent.

I said how about I give you $5k and you place an order today in the system and I wait for a VIN.

"Sorry sir we cannot do that..."

You can't do what...sell a car? Seeing as how you are a car dealership and all.

Completely baffled.

I was dealing with the Tysons dealership and then they just stopped communicating all together...

Business is good...
The 4C is hand assembled in the Maserati plant.

The Giulia, not sure. It's mass-produced. Probably not really a true hand-assembled car.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Giulia is assembled in a new state of the art facility in Cassino Italy. I know the paint is better out of the new plant rather than the 4c plant how ever I think the amount of paint is seriously way to thin and soft.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good to know! If you ever here of any events please let us know! I know criswell for sales was not bad is what I meant. Even though I did not go thru them their service is top notch and also very knowledgeable. It is what ever that is closer to you really I think you should be fine service wise.
Criswell and miller were the first two to show non qv giulias on third party sites. At that time I called criswell to see if they preloaded or actually had those and the sales manager was very informative and professional. Based on my experience with them as a dealer I'd say it's a great facility to do business with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I got a call from my dealer and he indicated that the order was picked up and in "D" status...I guess the next step is VIN assignment?

I think the fact it was picked up for production is good - no idea on dates/schedule for when it will be ont he ground stateside.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Congrats! This will give us some more idea of order times and delivery.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
So I got a call from my dealer and he indicated that the order was picked up and in "D" status...I guess the next step is VIN assignment?

I think the fact it was picked up for production is good - no idea on dates/schedule for when it will be ont he ground stateside.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/313-dealers-purchasing-ordering/4314-order-status-codes.html

It is nice that you have confirmation that the order has been accepted and added to the cue.

My Ti has gone from
F -paint
to
JB - body

1 - 20 of 75 Posts