Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Vegas over the weekend visiting some family. Thought I'd stop into a local Alfa dealer to check out the QV.

So I typed "Alfa Romeo" into my map app and this is what came up.

This is what happens when an auto enthusiast is also an illiterate developer. (There are a couple levels of irony going on here...) I swear this is real...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Property values just shot up as a result of this post ;) there's even a handy diabetes clinic!

·
Registered
343 Posts
LOL! Did you find a dealer? There are two here. Got mine at Findlay Alfa Romeo in Henderson.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Cesar Romero is just down the street......

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
Where's Maine Street?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
LOL! And Da Vinci supposedly hated musicians. Maybe that's why I'm no longer a music librarian but a young producer instead. :D So funny. Check the street sign when you get there. Maybe that is correct?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That appears to be the name of a street in Las Vegas. "Alfa Romero Ave".

I like it when I see a street sharing my last name (doesn't happen often). Then I go drive on it, just because.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts

I like it when I see a street sharing my last name (doesn't happen often). Then I go drive on it, just because.
Not AR or Giulia related, but...

I drive by Locke, through Lockeford, and cross Locke Street twice on my winter route to my house in the mountains :grin2:
It's not that common a name, but if you are in the right neighborhood...

There is a Locke Lake in New Hampshire and there used to be a Governor Locke in Washington state (no relation, he is of Chinese ancestry and his ancestors Anglicized their name when they immigrated).

In the extreme case I bought a Honda motorcycle in 1977 from a "random" person in Sacramento and discovered at the DMV that the seller was another Locke!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
Not AR or Giulia related, but...

I drive by Locke, through Lockeford, and cross Locke Street twice on my winter route to my house in the mountains :grin2:
It's not that common a name, but if you are in the right neighborhood...

There is a Locke Lake in New Hampshire and there used to be a Governor Locke in Washington state (no relation, he is of Chinese ancestry and his ancestors Anglicized their name when they immigrated).

In the extreme case I bought a Honda motorcycle in 1977 from a "random" person in Sacramento and discovered at the DMV that the seller was another Locke!
Any relation? http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/John_Locke

·
Registered
343 Posts

Do you steal the street signs too? :wink2:

Reactions: lockem

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Getting pretty far off topic here...

Am I related to a fictional character??? FWIW: it seems like about 1/3 of all Lockes are named "John" (long story, check your history books).
I am also not related to Sondra Locke (a screen name).
Perhaps the Locke ness Monster??? That would be a hoot :wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts